Forming a Catholic group in school
hello!!!

I was thinking of forming a Catholic group in school where we would be able to discuss the truths of the Catholic Faith.

any tips on the organization's name?? i was thinking of the Catholic Students Truth Society.  Wink

How about something like "We'll mess you s*** up Youth Catholic Group?"

I just kind of get the feeling that will keep out all of the people that would be swines to the pearls.

It sounds like a great idea, whatever the name!
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(08-25-2011, 05:14 AM)Filipino Catholic Wrote: hello!!!

I was thinking of forming a Catholic group in school where we would be able to discuss the truths of the Catholic Faith.

any tips on the organization's name?? i was thinking of the Catholic Students Truth Society.  Wink

My first thought was that if you want this to get off the ground you should choose St. Jude as your patron, but then I saw you're from the Philippines not Australia Sticking tongue out at you

Maybe you should choose a saint who died young as the patron of your youth group. Good luck!
(08-25-2011, 09:59 AM)Aragon Wrote:

My first thought was that if you want this to get off the ground you should choose St. Jude as your patron, but then I saw you're from the Philippines not Australia Sticking tongue out at you

Maybe you should choose a saint who died young as the patron of your youth group. Good luck!

One of my favourite young saints is St. Tarcisius. Could be name-material?
Call it the Catholic Anti-Contraceptive League, that should piss the teachers off  LOL LOL LOL
The Intellectual Crusader Knights of the Glorious Order of Saint Thomas Aquinas.

That sounds appropriate for a Catholic High School.  Education and militancy!
(08-25-2011, 01:00 PM)City Smurf Wrote: The Intellectual Crusader Knights of the Glorious Order of Saint Thomas Aquinas.

That sounds appropriate for a Catholic High School.  Education and militancy!

That would be a nice name!! and i also go to a Dominican run college!!  : Smile
(08-25-2011, 09:59 AM)Aragon Wrote:

Thanks!!

Maybe St. Dominic Savio? or Maria Goretti? or Joh Berchmans
(08-25-2011, 08:55 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: How about something like "We'll mess you s*** up Youth Catholic Group?"

I just kind of get the feeling that will keep out all of the people that would be swines to the pearls.

LOL

you know we already have a bunch of catholic groups in school ( Pax romana, Campus ministry etc.) but they're not really catholic. all they do is dance around during programs and Masses saying " to dance is to praise God".  Pray
(08-25-2011, 06:27 PM)Filipino Catholic Wrote:
(08-25-2011, 08:55 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: How about something like "We'll mess you s*** up Youth Catholic Group?"

LOL

you know we already have a bunch of catholic groups in school ( Pax romana, Campus ministry etc.) but they're not really catholic. all they do is dance around during programs and Masses saying " to dance is to praise God".  Pray

Then maybe you need a Catholic group with a name like I recommended.  Wink

And when you're drafting the rules for membership you need a section that says anyone who drink or use tobacco gets a thorough beating.

Have a real good Catholic time!
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.