Forming a Catholic group in school
hello!!!

I was thinking of forming a Catholic group in school where we would be able to discuss the truths of the Catholic Faith.

any tips on the organization's name?? i was thinking of the Catholic Students Truth Society.  ;)

How about something like "We'll mess you s*** up Youth Catholic Group?"

I just kind of get the feeling that will keep out all of the people that would be swines to the pearls.

It sounds like a great idea, whatever the name!
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(08-25-2011, 05:14 AM)Filipino Catholic Wrote: hello!!!

I was thinking of forming a Catholic group in school where we would be able to discuss the truths of the Catholic Faith.

any tips on the organization's name?? i was thinking of the Catholic Students Truth Society.  ;)

My first thought was that if you want this to get off the ground you should choose St. Jude as your patron, but then I saw you're from the Philippines not Australia :P

Maybe you should choose a saint who died young as the patron of your youth group. Good luck!
(08-25-2011, 09:59 AM)Aragon Wrote:

My first thought was that if you want this to get off the ground you should choose St. Jude as your patron, but then I saw you're from the Philippines not Australia :P

Maybe you should choose a saint who died young as the patron of your youth group. Good luck!

One of my favourite young saints is St. Tarcisius. Could be name-material?
Call it the Catholic Anti-Contraceptive League, that should piss the teachers off  :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
The Intellectual Crusader Knights of the Glorious Order of Saint Thomas Aquinas.

That sounds appropriate for a Catholic High School.  Education and militancy!
(08-25-2011, 01:00 PM)City Smurf Wrote: The Intellectual Crusader Knights of the Glorious Order of Saint Thomas Aquinas.

That sounds appropriate for a Catholic High School.  Education and militancy!

That would be a nice name!! and i also go to a Dominican run college!!  : :)
(08-25-2011, 09:59 AM)Aragon Wrote:

Thanks!!

Maybe St. Dominic Savio? or Maria Goretti? or Joh Berchmans
(08-25-2011, 08:55 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: How about something like "We'll mess you s*** up Youth Catholic Group?"

I just kind of get the feeling that will keep out all of the people that would be swines to the pearls.

:laughing:

you know we already have a bunch of catholic groups in school ( Pax romana, Campus ministry etc.) but they're not really catholic. all they do is dance around during programs and Masses saying " to dance is to praise God".  :pray:
(08-25-2011, 06:27 PM)Filipino Catholic Wrote:
(08-25-2011, 08:55 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: How about something like "We'll mess you s*** up Youth Catholic Group?"

:laughing:

you know we already have a bunch of catholic groups in school ( Pax romana, Campus ministry etc.) but they're not really catholic. all they do is dance around during programs and Masses saying " to dance is to praise God".  :pray:

Then maybe you need a Catholic group with a name like I recommended.  ;)

And when you're drafting the rules for membership you need a section that says anyone who drink or use tobacco gets a thorough beating.

Have a real good Catholic time!
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.