The Private of the Week: getting used to Catholic Culture
I is a tresusre espexxally for thr price
I know this will show off my lack of truly true tradness, but I would suggest you start to get into the LOTH.

http://www.amazon.com/Liturgy-Hours-Cath...pd_sim_b_4

[Image: 215XN2fC-CL.jpg]

This is in English, so you won't need to be proficient in Latin to understand it.  It will teach you the basic rubrics of liturgical prayer --essential for a priest.    It will get you acting liturgically.  It will teach you the psalms -- very important thing this.

Think of LOTH as Roman Breviary light  -- training wheels of sorts.  This thing [Image: Roman_Breviary_1.jpg] is a hard nut to crack if you are not being trained how to do it.  If you become a member of FSSP, SSPX, or the Carmelite Monks of Wyoming or whatever you will have to go with that bad boy.  But before you get that far, consider LOTH.  Don't trust other fisheaters and trads who bash the LOTH.  LOTH is inferior to the Roman Breviary, but LOTH is still one of the most beautiful prayers in the world after the Mass.  Try not to let the use of the new calendar frustrate you; if holy NO priests can manage (yes there are many), then so can you.

Start with vespers every day and try to work your way up to all three major hours: lauds, vespers and compline.  Then add matins -- its the longest but also the most informative.  One thing though: try to find your own hymns.  The guys who selected the English hymns did a terrible job.  For the Latin hymns that go with the LOTH go here:  [Image: 51ZepUcwv%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]
http://www.amazon.com/Liber-Hymnarius-CATHOLIC-CHURCH/dp/2852740761/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314810133&sr=8-1  Also try to chant the Benedictus, Magnificat, and Nunc dimittis.

(Get this for help on how to do get your way though the LOTH. http://www.amazon.com/Divine-Office-Dodos-Step---Step/dp/0899424821/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314808944&sr=8-1)
~~~~~~

Your morning offering type prayer is great.  I would just add a hymn like Veni Creator Spiritus after the Salutation and I would suggest chanting the Benedictus before the Thanksgiving.  If you can't sing them, then just pray them.

~~~~~~
The two things in your life that will most ensure that you persevere to the end are your devotion to the Eucharist and your devotion to Mary.  Though this spirituality is not for everyone, I can not see how someone following the advise in this work would not see the Face of God someday.
[Image: 49-154.jpg]

:ciao:
Thank you all for the lovely suggestions. Here is the evening version:

THE PROPER OF THE EVENING

Make a profound bow toward the Crucifix, praying:

Master, teach me.

SALUTATION

Kneel and address Christ figured in the Crucifix, praying:

Lord, the darkness shall not be dark to Thee, and night shall be light as the day.

Rest both hands over your heart and bow your head, proceeding with:

Be glad, my soul: put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh in its concupiscences.

Join your hands in prayer and begin:

In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, + and of the Holy Ghost: Amen.

I believe in one God, the Father almighty, maker of Heaven and Earth, and of all things visible and invisible,
and in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, born of the Father before all ages.
God of God, Light of Light, true God of true God; begotten, not made, of one substance with the Father,
By Whom all things were made. Who, for us men and for our salvation, came down from Heaven,

Touch your forehead to the ground in adoration at the words:

and he became flesh by the Holy Spirit of the Virgin Mary: and was made man.

Rising from the ground, continue:

He was also crucified for us, suffered under Pontius Pilate, and was buried,
and on the third day He rose again according to the Scriptures.
He ascended into Heaven and sits at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and of His Kingdom there will be no end,
and I believe in the Holy Ghost, the Lord and Giver of life, Who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
Who, together with the Father and the Son, is adored and glorified; and Who spoke through the Prophets,
and one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church.

I confess one baptism for the forgiveness of sins, and I await the resurrection of the dead,
and the life of the world to come: Amen.

Upon concluding, pray:

Lord: so I pray, so I believe; so I profess, so I live. Help my unbelief this eveningtide.

Pause briefly, and consider the almighty majesty to which you are addressing yourself.

Oh God, my God: to Thee do I watch at break of day.
For Thee my soul hath thirsted; for Thee my flesh, o how many ways!
In a desert land, and where there is no way and no water: so in the sanctuary have I come before Thee, to see Thy power and Thy glory.
For Thy mercy is better than lives: Thee my lips shall praise.
Thus will I bless Thee all my life long: and in Thy Name I will lift up my hands.
Let my soul be filled as with marrow and fatness: and my mouth shall praise Thee with joyful lips.
If I have remembered Thee upon my bed, I will meditate on Thee in the morning: because Thou hast been my helper.
And I will rejoice under the covert of Thy wings.
My soul hath stuck close to Thee: Thy right hand received me.

REMEMBRANCE OF THE BLESSED TRINITY

Blessed be the most holy and undivided Trinity, both now and forevermore: Amen.

Glorious Lord, evening star, light of my soul: I adore Thee, and praise Thy Holy Name unto the ends of the Earth. Though I gave way under my sins today, Thy wisdom shall guide my soul out of darkness, away from evil, and into the light of Christ, the blessed Saviour Thou hast sent to consecrate the world. Almighty Father; Creator and Maker; Omnipotent and Undying Spirit of Great Glory: I worship Thee. Holy Lord Jesus Christ; Human and Divine; Redeemer and Purifier of Wondrous Majesty: I venerate Thee. Most Holy Spirit of God; Fire of Heaven and Light of the World; Who hovered over the Waters of Eternity: I glorify Thee.

Heavenly Father: Holy, Perfect, Merciful, Just, and Noble One: my Lord, my God, I love Thee with all my soul and trust in Thy mercy. I thank Thee for the gift of life: for preserving my blood in its veins throughout the day, for ordering my breathing in its right ways as I moved about the world, and for conducting my whole being while I was about Thy work. Help me go to my rest, in peace: loving Thy holiness at the setting of the sun, in the midst of the night, and at the breaking of morning.

I adore Thee, O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy Cross Thou hast redeemed the world.

Come, Holy Ghost; fill the hearts of thy faithful, and enkindle within us the fire of thy love. Send forth Thy Spirit, and we shall be created.

Bowing profoundly, pray:

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost: as it was in the beginning, and now, and forever, and unto the age of ages.

EXAMINATION AND REMEMBRANCE OF THE DEAD

Remember the life of your day. Examine whether you have honoured the Law, the Precepts of the Church, and the Commandments of our Lord Jesus Christ. Contemplate the mysteries of death, recalling all those who passed through the gates of eternity this day, concluding with:

From the depths I have cried to thee, O Lord; Lord, hear my voice.
Let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplication.
If thou wilt observe iniquities, O Lord: Lord, who shall endure it?
For with thee there is merciful forgiveness; and by reason of thy law I have waited for thee, O Lord.
My soul hath relied on his word; my soul hath hoped in the Lord.
From the morning watch even until night, let Israel hope in the Lord.
Because with the Lord there is mercy, and with him plentiful redemption.
And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.

May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace: Amen.

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them.

From the gate of Hell: deliver their souls, O Lord.

God, the Creator and Redeemer of all the faithful: give to the souls of thy servants, departed, the remission of their sins: that through the help of pious supplications, they may obtain the pardon they have always desired; Who livest and reignest for ever and ever: Amen.

Bowing to the Crucifix, end with:

Lord Jesus Christ: to Thee have I lifted up my soul; have mercy on me. Thou who rulest Israel: hear my prayer.

CONFITEOR

Oh Ancient of Nights: that all I have done today may be remembered well and judged kindly, I pray Thee in the manner taught us by our Lord and Saviour:

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done: on earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation: but deliver us from evil: Amen.

Now, Master, I turn my face to Thy blessed children: to those who kept watch and have now entered into the joy of their Lord. Look upon my face, and know that I glorify these, Thy saints, so that Thou alone may be glorified in them. Hear me through them, I beseech Thee, that their prayers may be edifying both to my soul and to all souls scattered throughout the world, especially those who endure the Cleansing. So thus do I first look to your blessed Mother:

Embrace the blessed Virgin in your soul, praying the Angelic Salutation, and concluding with:

Pray, Mother of God, most blessed Virgin: that the whole human race may come to embrace the Lord, your Son, with love and humility this night.

Turn toward the Crucifix, and contemplate all the souls and spirits contained in the Body of our Lord, praying:

I confess to almighty God, to blessed Mary ever Virgin, to blessed Gabriel the Archangel, to blessed Joseph, to blessed Nicholas of Myra, to blessed John Chrysostom, to blessed Thomas of Aquinas, to blessed Ignatius of Loyola, to blessed Dominic Savio, and to all the saints, that I have sinned exceedingly in thought, word, and deed: through my fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault; therefore, I beseech blessed Mary ever Virgin, blessed Gabriel the Archangel, blessed Joseph, blessed Nicholas of Myra, blessed John Chrysostom, blessed Thomas of Aquinas, blessed Ignatius of Loyola, blessed Dominic Savio, and all the saints, to pray to the Lord our God for me.

As Thou hast made, Father, so Thou hast judged; all that can be done has been accomplished. I have besought Thy forgiveness for my sins, and now proceed to my rest. The moon and its stars begin to array the night, and the light dies away, so:

Now Thou dost dismiss Thy servant, O Lord, according to Thy word, in peace, because my eyes have seen Thy salvation, which Thou hast prepared before the face of all peoples: a light to the revelation of the Gentiles, and the glory of Thy people, Israel.

THANKSGIVING

Everlasting God: as the sun ends its journey across the day and into the night, I join my soul to every voice in Heaven: with these my brethren, with the angels, and with all the holy saints who adore Thee for eternal and infinite ages, ever singing thus:

We praise Thee, o God; we acknowledge Thee to be the Lord.
All the earth doth worship Thee: the Father everlasting.
To Thee all Angels cry aloud: the Heavens, and all the powers therein;
To Thee Cherubim and Seraphim continually do cry:
Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God of Hosts. Heaven and Earth are full of the majesty of Thy glory.
The glorious choir of the Apostles,
The admirable company of the Prophets,
The white-robed army of Martyrs praise Thee.
The Holy Church throughout the world doth acknowledge Thee, the Father of an infinite majesty.
Thine adorable, true, and only Son: the Holy Ghost, also, the Comforter.

Thou art the King of Glory, o Christ. Thou art the everlasting Son of the Father.
When Thou didst taken upon Thee to deliver man, Thou didst not abhor the Virgin's womb.
When Thou hadst overcome the sting of death, Thou didst open the Kingdom of Heaven to all believers.
Thou sittest at the right hand of God, in the glory of the Father.
We believe that Thou shalt come to be our judge.

Touch your forehead to the ground at the words:

We pray Thee, therefore: help us, Thy servants: whom Thou hast redeemed with Thy precious Blood.

Rising from the ground, continue:

Make us to be numbered with Thy saints, in everlasting glory.
O Lord, save Thy people, and bless Thine inheritance.
Govern us, and lift us up forever.
Night by night we bless Thee, and we praise Thy name forever; yea, forever and ever.
Deign, o Lord, this night, to keep us without sin.
Have mercy on us, o Lord; have mercy on us.
O Lord, let Thy mercy be shown to us, as we have hoped in Thee.
In Thee have I hoped; let me not be counfounded forever.

Having completed the Hymn, stand and bow profoundly toward the Crucifix, concluding with:

I ask you this through Him Who, with Thee, liveth and reigneth in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, unto the age of ages: Amen.

May the Divine Assistance remain with us always: Amen.

May the blessing of Almighty God: the Father, the Son, + and the Holy Ghost, descend upon us all and remain forever: Amen.

+
These are truly beautiful prayers you've compiled, and I applaud you for taking the initiative to better arm yourself in the face of attacks against your faith. 

I have to second what Roger the Shrubber said--at least in regard to True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary :)  There is no surer way.  Mary is our panacea.  Any examination of the saints, the Doctors, the Fathers will attest to that.  And St. Louis Marie de Montfort's method seems generally thought to be the best form of devotion to her.  Just the emphasis on the internal practices, or state of being in constant dependence on her, underlines that.