Poll: Were you homeschooled, and do you plan to homeschool your children?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Homeschooling
[quote='verenaerin' pid='863757']

Baby boomers are the generation who had the Church pull the rug out from under them just when the older members were coming up on adulthood.  Thousands of Catholics -- parents and children -- left the Church in the Sixties and Seventies because of what the Church had done, not because parents didn't support the teachers in their kids' schools.  It was an unusual time, it was chaos, that can't really be judged objectively because we're still too close to it.

I don't think we have any statistics on how many parents were living the faith before the changes or statistics on how many parents were living the faith afterwards.  We have stats on church attendance, but not on what was being done outside the church building. 

There were definitely a lot of people who left the Church.  But of those who stayed, were they still holding their kids accountable at home?  I would think that they were.  Actually, I'd think that they were even if they were no longer living the faith.  Many bolted to other churches for a support system so they were still living a faith, just a different one.  And I don't know why any parent's expectations for a child would change because the Mass changed.  I can see that the number of parents encouraging kids to enter the priesthood or religious life might have fallen off steeply.

My children go to regular state schools, completely secular. Admittedly I moved to a white middle class and. working class market town. I would not send them to some multi-culture school ora school full of underclass chavy scumbags.
We will be homeschooling.

Why?  For the same reasons we don't own a television.  Namely, so that our kids are protected from Communist / Freemasonry (i.e. demonic) propaganda like abortion, evolution, heliocentrism, etc for as long as possible.  The voice of truth needs to be the first thing they hear - once they understand and are confident in their faith, then it will be safe to expose them to the world and all its filth.

Husband and I went to public schools.  Our children have always been homeschooled.

Our oldest is 16 and now attends community college full-time.  He has taken classes there for the past two years.  Our other children are ages 14, 12, 10, 3 and 1.

High school is when children most benefit from not  being in a school setting.  That's when the outer influences become much stronger and much less wholesome.

I'm not eager to have my older children out of the house each day.  Who would help me with the younger ones??  :laughing:
The husband and I weren't homeschooled. I went to both Catholic and public school. There are drawbacks and advantages to both, IMO. Unfortunately, the Catholic high school here isn't "one of the good ones". So, we'd like to find a way to make homeschooling work... at least for the early years. All options... homeschooling, private school and public school... terrify me.  :laughing:
I suppose I'd homeschool... if by that, you mean hire a British governess and an old Greek tutor to babysit my kids while I do other things. But once they're of a sociable age, I think I'll pack them off to boarding school. Mmm, yes...