What would you sneak into the NO Mass as a pastor?
(09-01-2011, 09:14 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(09-01-2011, 09:09 PM)Josué Wrote: I forgot to add that I'd buy land so that ways the church could have its own cemetery and the faithful of the parish could be buried.

Well, that's one way to take care of the troublemakers.

[Image: tumblr_lh3c8whYX71qaphz7o1_r1_5001.gif]
One thing I'd do, regardless of what form of Mass we're talking about, is erect proper choir stalls in the chancel.

[Image: 1271073.jpg]
LOL HK.

I was told we were to use only the Mass on Sundays, and that the Liturgy of the Hours weren't important.

After having quoted the relevant section about the LotH to the campus minister...
/facepalm
(09-01-2011, 10:01 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: LOL HK.

I was told we were to use only the Mass on Sundays, and that the Liturgy of the Hours weren't important.

After having quoted the relevant section about the LotH to the campus minister...
/facepalm

Sadly, it's hard enough to get trad communities to care about the idea of a public Vespers, much less the average Catholic community down the street.
I don't know why there's so much opposition to it...
The priests have to do it anyways, why not include the laity?.....

dumb. :(
(09-01-2011, 09:14 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(09-01-2011, 09:09 PM)Josué Wrote: I forgot to add that I'd buy land so that ways the church could have its own cemetery and the faithful of the parish could be buried.

Well, that's one way to take care of the troublemakers.
:laughing: Well played, Sir.
Pray for the priests that are making changes.  I know of a few in my state, none of whom are having an easy time doing so.  One who was [more of] a modernist began wearing a cassock, which cause an uproar among the fluffy old folks (not so much the younger adults...an interesting trend).  He is now learning the TLM.  Another just replaced a ugly resurrectifix with a traditional latin crucifix and likewise upset the old folks.  He has also received complaints about the people who pray before and after Mass from yet again, elderly parishoners.  Word is a new altar is on the way to replace the table as well.  Let us pray for these priests and thank God for those who are making changes, albeit small changes but very good changes.
do you mind posting your parishes website?  I'd like to see what it looks like
It's interesting: I was baptised at the Cathedral this April 23 (Deo gratias), and it's so hilarious to compare the setup of the beautiful ancient cathedral in 1884, to the one we're now forced to attend. I suppose, basically, I'd just take 2011's setup and revert entirely to 1884.

1884 (ready for the requiem of the recently-deceased archbishop):

[Image: a028738.jpg]

2010:

[Image: image6pr.jpg]

Urgh... ironically the blank wall panels in the apse were not yet finished: they got beautiful paintings of our Lady and the archangels in the 1890's. The rector told me that a fire in 1981 forced them to whitewash the damaged images, but someone who had been there as a server since the 1980's said they were purposefully painted over white again because the rector in the 1970's didn't like such "elitist" and complex imagery.
Well, first the TLM and then a dress code that is modest and appropriate (and not I'll rather be at the beach).