So, apparently, Poland is no longer all that Catholic
(09-01-2011, 04:26 PM)Melkite Wrote:
(09-01-2011, 04:04 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: regardless. my point is a catholic nation CAN and DOES produce bad catholics or worse.
beign a catholic nation doesn't mean its a utupoia
ive known some polocks. i dunno. never got to much a hate the jew vibe from them. start them on ivan yeah they get edgy.
and for z germans too. which is to be expected. what do u expect them to do?
have a love afair with the both nations that murdered and screwed them the most?
LOL

Of course not.  But saying someone was flammable.  That's more than just in poor taste.  But yeah, you're right, one person doesn't speak for a nation, I overreacted.

But it's strange how anti-semitic Poles and Russians have become, they both used to be extremely welcoming of the Jews that were being kicked out of Germany and Hungary.

LOL! No, they weren't.
(09-01-2011, 04:26 PM)Melkite Wrote: Of course not.  But saying someone was flammable.  That's more than just in poor taste.

The word flammable itself is in even poorer taste.

Elements of Style Wrote:Flammable. An oddity, chiefly useful in saving lives. The common word meaning "combustible" is inflammable. But some people are thrown off by the in- and think inflammable means "not combustible." For this reason, trucks carrying gasoline or explosives are now marked FLAMMABLE. Unless you are operating such a truck and hence are concerned with the safety of children and illiterates, use inflammable.
Not this white(Polack) boy. I'll take French Canadian babes anyday. Thank goodness she still takes me.  ;D
(09-01-2011, 05:07 PM)Heinrich Wrote: Not this white(Polack) boy. I'll take French Canadian babes anyday. Thank goodness she still takes me.  ;D

Well, remember that White People ™ are really liberal upper-class Americans of Caucasian descent. If you peruse the full list of stuff White People like, you might find all sorts of disagreeable things, like Barack Obama, Bob Marley, political prisoners, being offended, unpaid internships, Oscar parties, being the only white person around, and black music black people don't listen to anymore.

And yet you'll find the site is still laden with truth.

I really consider White People ™ to be of a separate ethnic group than "the wrong kind of White People", who consist of Europeans and non-liberal Americans.
(09-01-2011, 05:01 PM)alaric Wrote:
(09-01-2011, 04:31 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: Poland is a great nation. They also make the best video games in the world, no joke.
They also have some of the most beautiful women on the European continent..........I'm sure that really pisses Melkite off as well. ;D

Haha, why would I care about that?
(09-01-2011, 05:31 PM)Melkite Wrote:
(09-01-2011, 05:01 PM)alaric Wrote:
(09-01-2011, 04:31 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: Poland is a great nation. They also make the best video games in the world, no joke.
They also have some of the most beautiful women on the European continent..........I'm sure that really pisses Melkite off as well. ;D

Haha, why would I care about that?
I don't know, why would you condemn a whole nation of catholics for what a few jackasses do?
(09-01-2011, 05:10 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
(09-01-2011, 05:07 PM)Heinrich Wrote: Not this white(Polack) boy. I'll take French Canadian babes anyday. Thank goodness she still takes me.  ;D

Well, remember that White People ™ are really liberal upper-class Americans of Caucasian descent. If you peruse the full list of stuff White People like, you might find all sorts of disagreeable things, like Barack Obama, Bob Marley, political prisoners, being offended, unpaid internships, Oscar parties, being the only white person around, and black music black people don't listen to anymore.

I really consider White People ™ to be of a separate ethnic group than "the wrong kind of White People", who consist of Europeans and non-liberal Americans.

OK. Interesting take.  

(09-01-2011, 05:47 PM)Heinrich Wrote:
(09-01-2011, 05:10 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:

OK. Interesting take.  
Sooo let me get this straight, it's kosher to refer to a group of European ethnics collectively as "whites" but blacks can only be regarded as "African-Americans"......

At least that seems to be the rule in the MSM.  ::)
(09-01-2011, 05:52 PM)alaric Wrote: Sooo let me get this straight, it's kosher to refer to a group of European ethnics collectively as "whites" but blacks can only be regarded as "African-Americans"......

I don't think SWPL White People actually have a problem with calling Africans black. I know a lot of black Americans prefer being just called black because they don't feel any connection with Africa.

I personally prefer using "European" or "Caucasian" to refer to whites myself, because whiteness is a relatively modern invention to generalize all the different European ethnicities of America into one generic melting pot. But White People (again, upper middle-class liberal Americans of Caucasian descent) are a category all of their own.
(09-01-2011, 05:56 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
(09-01-2011, 05:52 PM)alaric Wrote: Sooo let me get this straight, it's kosher to refer to a group of European ethnics collectively as "whites" but blacks can only be regarded as "African-Americans"......

I don't think SWPL White People actually have a problem with calling Africans black. I know a lot of black Americans prefer being just called black because they don't feel any connection with Africa.

I personally prefer using "European" or "Caucasian" to refer to whites myself, because whiteness is a relatively modern invention to generalize all the different European ethnicities of America into one generic melting pot. But White People (again, upper middle-class liberal Americans of Caucasian descent) are a category all of their own.

You are dern toot'n they are in class all their own: they be called Republicans.