No Hooters shirts in Mass, please
(09-07-2011, 06:06 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: Regardless, the man retains responsibility of his thoughts.  That is the province of the reason and intellect, as well as the will.  A man sins no less mortally if he lusts after a woman who was dressed immodestly or one that wasn't.  And he isn't absolved of his sin and it doesn't become any less grievous simply because there was a "trigger." 

He retains sole ownership of where his mind wanders.  If he sees someone in church dressed like a hooa then his mind might go there for a second.  But as soon as he realizes what's going on he needs to make a choice- whether to acquiesce to lust or to get out of dodge.  seeing as how its in church and in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament, I can't see a better position to be in to fight against carnal temptation.
I agree *SOOO HARD*. I don't think anybody here is disagreeing with this sentiment.  I think the difference in our points of view is rather slight, but it is there. I still put a bit more responsibility on the woman. Yes a man is just as guilty of sin if he thinks lustful thoughts about a scantily clad woman than if he thinks lustful thoughts about a modestly dressed woman. Yes a man can choose weather or not to continue on a lustful line of thought. But is sinful of the woman to bring his mind there over and over and over again through her method of dress. And it's cruel to do so, especially at mass.
Women know men are visual. I don't know how any woman can NOT know that dressing immodestly leads men to think lustful thoughts. The onus is on the woman to not dress provocatively, then if a man thinks lustful thoughts, he does so on his own, without anybody leading him there (and then getting offended when he does so. I never understood that attitude. If you don't want to be treated like a sex object, DONT DRESS LIKE ONE. Duh  EDIT:The woman, getting offended, not the man.)

Messages In This Thread
Re: No Hooters shirts in Mass, please - by knittycat - 09-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Re: No Hooters shirts in Mass, please - by Dust - 09-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Re: No Hooters shirts in Mass, please - by Dust - 09-10-2011, 03:33 PM