No Hooters shirts in Mass, please
(09-08-2011, 10:11 AM)ErinIsNice Wrote:
(09-07-2011, 05:48 PM)Petertherock Wrote: That's bullshit. When women dress like hookers and are in the pew in front of you or walk by you you can't maintain control of your eyes.

I wonder if God will let me stand before Him and say I couldn't control myself when I got angry and it's all the fault of the person who was annoying me?

Somehow I don't think "she made me do it!" is going to fly.

Of course not, but that in no way exonerates the one who is knowingly annoying you; he is likewise guilty before God.

No-one is arguing that the man who lusts is not sinning. The discussion concerns whether or not it is permitted to knowingly and unnecessarily occasion another's sin.

To knowingly annoy someone who is known to have a propensity to become irate is sinful; it occasions their sin.

Similarly, to dress in such a way that one knows will naturally occasion the temptation of lust for another is likewise prohibited as an application of the same principle:
Romans 14:13 Wrote:But judge this rather, that you put not a stumblingblock or a scandal in your brother's way.

Messages In This Thread
Re: No Hooters shirts in Mass, please - by INPEFESS - 09-08-2011, 01:45 PM
Re: No Hooters shirts in Mass, please - by Dust - 09-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Re: No Hooters shirts in Mass, please - by Dust - 09-10-2011, 03:33 PM