Ligouri Publications "booklets"
  At Adoration today I found a little booklet from Ligouri Publications titled & Steps to Peace with St. Alphonsus Liguori.  I have a devotion to him, so I thought I'd read it.  But I noticed a few things in it that disturbed me.  For one thing, the 1st step was "Inner Quieting" and there were a lot of terms that smacked of New Age? Eastern religion -IE- Buddhism, etc.  I always that Ligouri Publications was respectable.  Have the  gone the was of the liberal Jesuits?  Or am I just being nit - picky?  ??? :shrug:
It could simply be the translation or an author's interpretation of Saint Alphonsus.  You can find many of his works in PDF format.  Such as the Preparation for Death etc.
Ligouri Publications is actually pretty liberal and progressive. When I reverted back to the faith a couple of years ago, and still in my neo-Catholic fervor, I subscribed to their magazine Liguorian. Looking back at it, that magazine was chock-full of Modernism and Liberalism. This liberalism has infected most modern religous orders, including the Redemptorist order which puts out much of the drivel in the Liguorian and Ligouri Publications. St. Alphonsus must weep of what became of his sons and what they have done to his writings

I put Ligouri Publications in the same vein as the other Modernist liberal publications like America from the Jesuits, and U.S. Catholic from the Claretians.
Long live the Transalpine Redemptorists!
(09-08-2011, 08:13 AM)City Smurf Wrote: Long live the Transalpine Redemptorists!
:amen:
  I did order some books from them at Desert Will Flower Press.  I hope to join their cofraternity
in the near future.
I'm discerning whether to join their Order.  1 - 0 Smurf :D!