New Age Style RCIA Class! (From C.A.F.)
(09-08-2011, 05:11 PM)JayneK Wrote: I have seen similar things done at a Catholic school retreat.  The parents complained and it was stopped.

I feel bad for converts who do not have parents to complain.  sad
That sounds more like a surrender than a retreat.

As the crazy youth director at my local neighborhood worship center would sometimes end her correspondence in the bulletin, Namaste!
I went to a very very very liberal RCIA for a while before I just had to stop -- it was bad for my heart, but that story would take the cake.  My favorite was when we were taught that All Saints day is for all of us, because we are all saints.  :o  I reflexively blurted out that "I had never heard that before."  You should have seen the woman giving the little talk fume.  She accosted me after class... and so began the end of my attempt to make it through their RCIA program.  I was really really trying to be nice too.  Shrug  Oh well.  I was able to enter at my future wife' parish so, all's well that ends well.

I heard somewhere that the liberals wanted to control the RCIA and CCD so that they would control the future of the Church.  Anyone else come across this?

Parishes like that usually need to be left behind.  Don't forget to shake the dust off your sandals when you leave.
I'm aware of a parish that refused free catechisms for the RCIA because the person donating them wanted to be assured that they would be used occasionally.  They did similar new agey stuff, but not quite as blatantly.
(09-08-2011, 11:48 AM)Adam_Michael Wrote: Oh my! If this happened at my Church I would talk to the priest and even elevate the chain of command if necessary!

Don't kid yourself. Do you think the pastor wouldn't know?
(09-08-2011, 05:22 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote: That sounds more like a surrender than a retreat.

LOL
Just an update. It looks as if the pseudo Catholic Answers Forum deleted this thread from their site. I would like to believe because it was found not to be true, but I'm more inclined to think this apostate website is just covering up for their fellow anti-Catholics. I've tried clicking on the link I provided in the OP, however, it's asking me to log in, and I've been banned for posting excerpts of Papal Encyclicals and the Council of Trent, apparently that's disrespectful to the NO.  Huh?
Are they sure they didn't just walk into a yoga class by mistake? Not the RCIA. Maybe it was an RICA-Yoga class.
Wow...

I was going to go to the RCIA at a "very conservative" church (they are the most well known conservative church in my city) and instead of using a catechism to teach us they wanted to use the "Catholicism for Dummies"....  :o I don't get it I thought RCIA was supposed to teach the faith and be authoritative?

(09-09-2011, 07:31 PM)traditionalmom Wrote: Wow...

I was going to go to the RCIA at a "very conservative" church (they are the most well known conservative church in my city) and instead of using a catechism to teach us they wanted to use the "Catholicism for Dummies"....  :o I don't get it I thought RCIA was supposed to teach the faith and be authoritative?

That might not be so bad.  I've heard that Catholicism for Dummies is pretty orthodox.