"Can one be a diocesan priest and celebrate the TLM exclusively?"
(09-08-2011, 09:18 PM)Revixit Wrote: It bugs me that there's an FSSP priest assigned to a small church in a podunk town where he's apparently not saying the TLM at all. 

Revixit, are you sure he's still in the FSSP? I know of another case where a priest decided he wanted to celebrate the NO and he was politely told there was no place for him in the Institute in that case. And there is no way a bishop could 'transfer' an FSSP priest. The bishop must approve their ministry in his diocese, but assignments, transfers, etc. are done by the Superiors of the Institute.
I just saw that Rorate Caeli has a link in their post to the internet page of the priests:
Quote:But the Lord sees and provides. Our three priests continue on their way- the way of faithfulness to Holy Tradition of The Holy Roman Church.  As well as their churches in Vocogno and Domodossola, it is possible today to follow the apostolates of Don Alberto Secci and Don Stefano Coggiola at their internet page Radicati nella fede.

Radicati nella fede
http://radicatinellafede.blogspot.com/
(09-09-2011, 02:32 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(09-08-2011, 09:18 PM)Revixit Wrote: It bugs me that there's an FSSP priest assigned to a small church in a podunk town where he's apparently not saying the TLM at all. 

Revixit, are you sure he's still in the FSSP? I know of another case where a priest decided he wanted to celebrate the NO and he was politely told there was no place for him in the Institute in that case. And there is no way a bishop could 'transfer' an FSSP priest. The bishop must approve their ministry in his diocese, but assignments, transfers, etc. are done by the Superiors of the Institute.

Right, he must have or is in the process of leaving the FSSP. This makes no sense given the mission of the FSSP and the priests I know of the Fraternity.