Clown Mass?
(09-10-2011, 02:00 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote:
(09-10-2011, 01:55 PM)Roger the Shrubber Wrote:
(09-10-2011, 01:26 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote: Thankfully he was a negro imported priest fresh off the boat. I was one of the few who would try to listen to his sermons. The only intelligible words to the average listener was when he swore or said boobs that one time.

I hate the inaccuracy of race terms too.  But dude, "negro" ain't cool anymore.   Fish-Eater Smackdown

Go with "Black" or "African."  If you use "negro" people are going to think you're a bigot.  I'm pretty sure that that's where Someone was coming from.

Dude I called my black girl friend negro all the time. Negro is merely black in another language. XXXX is derogatory. Negro, black and negroid are scientific dinstinctions for that races of man.

I HATE the term African American! African american is not racial or visible disctinction. It is a term of birth or culture! 1/3 of Africans are causucoid group race!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry dude not hatin you but the propaganda term from the brainless irrational media.

Rolling Pin Censored Hopping Mad

I agree.

All the same...  If you use the term "negro," people will think you're a bigot.  If you're comfortable with that  Shrug fine. 

I am WELL aware that North Africans are white.  Most Americans are so daft when it comes to race, that they would likely call black Brazilians "African Americans."  What do you even call an Ethiopian immigrant?  They have more in common with Italians than they do Zulus.    Rolling eyes  The entire thing is kind of bullsh*t, I KNOW.  But understand that the US has DEEP racist issues and is kind of crazy when it comes to Blacks and what we call them.  For instance, you can't call someone a "Colored Person" but you can call someone a "Person of Color."  It's such hogwash. 
Not going to get into the meat of the discussion of the word "negro" except to point out that a black girlfriend would be "negra" (Spanish) or "nigra" (Latin) not "negro" if you are using the argument that it's just black "in another language."
(09-10-2011, 11:34 AM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(09-10-2011, 11:33 AM)Petertherock Wrote: Nope...they are real...

Episcopalians aren't Catholic.  The image there is from an episcopal service.  The other stuff looks like it is Catholic, but kind of shoddy to include Episcopalians especially as that is the most egregious of the scenes (although the Barny mass is pretty close). 

These aren't Episcopalians. In one of the videos they actually say the name of the Catholic Church this "mass" is in.

(09-10-2011, 02:35 PM)Roger the Shrubber Wrote: [quote='UnamSanctam' pid='870984' dateline='1315677648']  to get to the key sentences…

Go with "Black" or "African."  If you use "negro" people are going to think you're a bigot.  I'm pretty sure that that's where Someone was coming from.

All the same...  If you use the term "negro," people will think you're a bigot.  If you're comfortable with that  Shrug fine. 

But understand that the US has DEEP racist issues and is kind of crazy when it comes to Blacks and what we call them.  For instance, you can't call someone a "Colored Person" but you can call someone a "Person of Color."  It's such hogwash. 

You guys better tell all the blacks in the United Negro College Fund and the NAACP -- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People that they are being bigots.

(09-10-2011, 03:36 PM)Petertherock Wrote:
(09-10-2011, 11:34 AM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(09-10-2011, 11:33 AM)Petertherock Wrote: Nope...they are real...

Episcopalians aren't Catholic.  The image there is from an episcopal service.  The other stuff looks like it is Catholic, but kind of shoddy to include Episcopalians especially as that is the most egregious of the scenes (although the Barny mass is pretty close). 

These aren't Episcopalians. In one of the videos they actually say the name of the Catholic Church this "mass" is in.

The service in the image was at Trinity Episcopal Church on Wall Street in New York City.  You can read more about it here:

http://texanglican.blogspot.com/2005/05/...st-at.html
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2005-05-...oppy-shoes
(09-10-2011, 04:50 PM)Revixit Wrote:
(09-10-2011, 02:35 PM)Roger the Shrubber Wrote: Go with "Black" or "African."  If you use "negro" people are going to think you're a bigot.  I'm pretty sure that that's where Someone was coming from.

But understand that the US has DEEP racist issues and is kind of crazy when it comes to Blacks and what we call them.  For instance, you can't call someone a "Colored Person" but you can call someone a "Person of Color."  It's such hogwash. 

You guys better tell all the blacks in the United Negro College Fund and the NAACP -- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People that they are being bigots.

Words change and grow sometimes.  I know what I'm talking about.  The UNCF and NAACP have simply been using the same titles for a long time.  Try to find them using this archaic terminology in articles that they have put out in the last decade.

~~~~~~~~
Fine, if you don't think the term has changed, then walk up to a US Marine officer of Sub-Saharan extraction and casually refer to him as a "colored"... see what happens.
There was a "wonderful" Halloween Mass in my diocese a couple years ago. Guess who was Barney?

Not THE Barney Mass  Puke

[video=youtube]fHi_VZLtcQ8[/video]

Possessed  This stuff is always soooo creepy.  Possessed
Wow, I think I'm lucky I've never attended those "things" you guys mentioned. To be fair, I always research the churches in the internet before I go, when I'm travelling.

Now, I've had some bad luck with local parishes. Yes, as someone else mentioned, African priests... I couldn't endure them. I had to look for another church. They smile too much during mass (is anything fun, isn't mass a sacrifice?), the backing vocals try to sing the hymns like gospel singers, etc etc etc. That was in London.

Now here in the US in this local parish of mine NOBODY KNEELS DURING THE CONSECRATION! I find it sooooo weird. Because I have lived here before, but the priest was another one. So I guess this new one is "to blame" for the bad habits. Anyway, my husband and I were the only ones to kneel. We are going to another church this Sunday - Tridentine Mass. I hope it's good.
I think the young people are seeing this shit and getting VERY pissed off. Remarkably it seems that the older crowd (baby boomers) are the ones who enjoy the abuses of the mass. It's time to clean house. The bishops need to start stepping on toes and laying the smackdown on these occasions of travesty.