Clown Mass?
(09-10-2011, 08:22 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote: I think the young people are seeing this shit and getting VERY pissed off. Remarkably it seems that the older crowd (baby boomers) are the ones who enjoy the abuses of the mass. It's time to clean house. The bishops need to start stepping on toes and laying the smackdown on these occasions of travesty.

Well the v2 crowd is literally dying.  That generation is falling away and trad cath is a youth movement.  Most of the boomers that didnt' fall away grew up on the no and see no reason for tlm.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(09-10-2011, 08:36 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(09-10-2011, 08:22 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote: I think the young people are seeing this shit and getting VERY pissed off. Remarkably it seems that the older crowd (baby boomers) are the ones who enjoy the abuses of the mass. It's time to clean house. The bishops need to start stepping on toes and laying the smackdown on these occasions of travesty.

Well the v2 crowd is literally dying.  That generation is falling away and trad cath is a youth movement.  Most of the boomers that didnt' fall away grew up on the no and see no reason for tlm.

The problem is, the young NO crowd doesn't know where to look. It is coming back gradually, but the major changes must take place from upper management.

Thankfully the past years have seen the return of TLM, kneeling, Eucharist direct to mouth, Adoration, traditional physical church structure, etc.

A looonnnngggg way to go yet though.
(09-10-2011, 08:40 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote:

The problem is, the young NO crowd doesn't know where to look. It is coming back gradually, but the major changes must take place from upper management.

Thankfully the past years have seen the return of TLM, kneeling, Eucharist direct to mouth, Adoration, traditional physical church structure, etc.

The young NO crowd?  The one's that stick around (which I'd bet won't be most) will do so out of love for Jesus Christ and that will lead them to the TLM.  How many young and budding NO folks do you know?  And how many TLM folks do you know?  The NO is largely an old folks game.  The TLM is timeless and not exclusive to age or anything else. 

We've got a way to go.  We always will.  The Church seems to always be in one crisis or another.  But I wouldn't say a "loooooooonnnngggg" way to go.  Just a ways.  I'm very optimistic about the future.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(09-10-2011, 08:45 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(09-10-2011, 08:40 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote:

The young NO crowd?  The one's that stick around (which I'd bet won't be most) will do so out of love for Jesus Christ and that will lead them to the TLM.  How many young and budding NO folks do you know?  And how many TLM folks do you know?  The NO is largely an old folks game.  The TLM is timeless and not exclusive to age or anything else. 

We've got a way to go.  We always will.  The Church seems to always be in one crisis or another.  But I wouldn't say a "loooooooonnnngggg" way to go.  Just a ways.  I'm very optimistic about the future.

Good that you are optimistic. WE are part of the change. By our conversations, discussion boards, family talks, videos we make, songs we sing, books we buy, websites we give traffic to, and of course our actions, WE can each make a difference. Even if one soul can be affected by our actions I am thankful.

Yes the Church is always in crisis, but I would say never this bad.

The Great Schism (east west), Great Schism (papal schism), Arian age, Reformation, are all dismal times yes. However, more than ever, right is wrong and wrong is right, we can say. The wolves have oft attacked the flock and butchered the sheep, but now it seems the wolves in sheep's clothing outnumber the true sheep. What is the most dangerous is that the wolves clothing is getting pretty damn real looking.
Remember the Church has suffered many great crises but always emerged victorious from them all. We will survive this crisis as well and emerge stronger than ever.

Than the following year a new crisis will slowly begin developing : /
(09-10-2011, 08:55 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: Remember the Church has suffered many great crises but always emerged victorious from them all. We will survive this crisis as well and emerge stronger than ever.

I disagree. This is the final crisis.
(09-10-2011, 08:57 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote:
(09-10-2011, 08:55 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: Remember the Church has suffered many great crises but always emerged victorious from them all. We will survive this crisis as well and emerge stronger than ever.

No man knows the hour. 
(09-10-2011, 09:02 PM)Someone1776 Wrote:

No man knows the hour. 

Learn the lesson from the fig tree.
(09-10-2011, 09:02 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote:

No man knows the hour. 

Mat 24:32 And from the fig tree learn a parable: When the branch thereof is now tender, and the leaves come forth, you know that summer is nigh. So you also, when you shall see all these things, know ye that it is nigh, even at the doors.

Mother of Mercy!
(09-10-2011, 09:48 PM)Stubborn Wrote:
(09-10-2011, 09:02 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote:

No man knows the hour. 

Mat 24:32 And from the fig tree learn a parable: When the branch thereof is now tender, and the leaves come forth, you know that summer is nigh. So you also, when you shall see all these things, know ye that it is nigh, even at the doors.

Mother of Mercy!

Eh, what are you going to do...

So, when do the Jews convert en masse?