Anybody familiar with Bishop Sample of Marquette
Bishop Alexander Sample celebrated the Extraordinary Form (Latin) Mass at St. Peter Cathedral, Marquette, on Sept. 4, 2011. During his homily, Bishop Sample reflected on the reverence of the Latin Mass and its focus on God.

http://www.dioceseofmarquette.org/upcart...upcID=2529

I met him once.
He seems like a good apple.
He's up north.
His name rings a bell - I think he was the Bishop that refused to let another old, liberal, pro-(whatever) speak in his diocese a couple of years back.  Bishop Gumbleton, I think his name was.

:pray:
-Steve
Gumbleton.... ugh, what a disgrace to the episcopacy.
(09-11-2011, 06:03 AM)Spooky Wrote: Gumbleton.... ugh, what a disgrace to the episcopacy.

Luckily enough he was many years before my time and several thousand kilometres away, but nothing I've heard about him is .....encouraging.
I remember his name from the time he had Mass in his cathedral with all the priests of his diocese on EWTN (occasion being a holy day of obligation.) All the ordinary was the missa de angelis. His youthful appearance under the mitre was striking.
He is my parent's bishop, and a good friend of my parent's priest. Dad likes him a lot.
Thanks for sharing this video.  Hearing words like this from a bishop of a diocese would have been unheard of even 5 years ago.  The times are changing...