The One person responsible for the MESS we are in as told by Pat Buchanan
There is a problem here. Even I thought that W with better intelligence than me, was right. Second I dismissed Pope John Paul II on the war in Iraq. Not compotent I said. Even when I couldnt make sense of what was going on I continued to support W. I thought Afghaistan was about killing Osama bin Laden, boy was I wrong. All told, I gave W the benefit of the doubt, and then slowly but surely I realized he was wrong, and that Iraq was an unjust war. Now I realize he was maniplated or he lied and we have payed dearly in blood and tresure. There is no longer any reason to defend these wars. W was a nice guy but incapable of handling the neo-cons, who at every moment want us to war with the Mohammedans and shield Israel, which will ruin our nation. It is hard to swallow that both the Progressives and the Neo-cons both are wicked evil, but that is how it is, and we trads are on both of their short lists.
tim
I remember watching this back in 1983, Mr. Buchanan is well aware of the groups and individuals that shape world events.  Mr. Brady is nothing more than a CFR shill.

Tim, that was one great post and what you say is completely true of my own thoughts and actions over these last ten years. The only thing I would quibble with is your assessment that W is a nice guy but could not handle the neo-cons. I think he is one of them, but you may be right. He was certainly delusional by the time he gave his second inaugaration speech. I remember even Peggy Noonan not being able to even comment on it while sitting in at Fox News as a commentator that day. She said she would have to think about it, first time I ever saw her at a loss for words. And she left her WSJ activities to help in his re-election. A week later a column came from her after she had time to soak it in. It was not favorable to W and she was not pleased. I remember thinking she was a sellout that day. Turns out she was right and I was wrong for a couple of years more.
(09-12-2011, 04:40 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote: Tim, that was one great post and what you say is completely true of my own thoughts and actions over these last ten years. The only thing I would quibble with is your assessment that W is a nice guy but could not handle the neo-cons. I think he is one of them, but you may be right. He was certainly delusional by the time he gave his second inaugaration speech. I remember even Peggy Noonan not being able to even comment on it while sitting in at Fox News as a commentator that day. She said she would have to think about it, first time I ever saw her at a loss for words. And she left her WSJ activities to help in his re-election. A week later a column came from her after she had time to soak it in. It was not favorable to W and she was not pleased. I remember thinking she was a sellout that day. Turns out she was right and I was wrong for a couple of years more.

This is exactly what happened to me. I couldn't bring myself to believe that President Bush was anything more than duped by the neo-cons.  I was relieve of my delusion in 2005 after learning about PNAC and the US troops positioned to invade Afghanistan before 9/11.