Poll: Does your TLM include a full parochial life?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Full parochial life
The Traditional Mass I attend is officially part of a "chaplaincy", however we have full use of a diocesan church and have Mass twice on weekdays and three times on Sundays. Sadly there's no school, but plenty of classes throughout the year and a youth group.

I feel sorry for those whose only access is to a TLM said in a regular parish church by a visiting priest, I couldn't imagine that.

What's the situation of the trad community you're part of?
In my opinion, a church isn't at "full parochial life" status until they at least have Sunday Vespers.

The local diocesan TLM here in San Antonio is celebrated by visiting priests at an otherwise Novus Ordo church. The Sundays alternate between low Mass and sung Mass every other week. Our Gregorian schola just recently started singing at every sung Mass, which is a better "deal" than we've ever had there in the past 3 years or so.

If you consider my other church, the Anglican Use church, they're in much better shape. 4 Masses on Sundays (3 of which are solemn), 1 early low Mass on weekdays, plus 1 sung Mass during the school year. The school is K through 12, Latin is taught from grade 5 onward, Greek at 10 onward. Every student is required to sing in a choir at Mass, and there are 5 school choirs. There's 2 priests (one pastor and one vicar) and 2 deacons. Still, although there's Evensong on Lenten Fridays and some solemn occasions, I don't consider it full parochial life until it's every Sunday.
I am blessed to be able to attend a parish that is used only for the Latin Mass. It has two FSSP priests that live there, daily Mass (more than one some days of the week, Tuesday and Thursday if I remember correctly), and three Sunday Mass times, the High Mass sandwiched between two Low Masses. Also, certain hours of the Divine Office are said publicly. All we're missing is a school.
The situation of our trad community is, so far as I know: myself, my godfather, my godmother, and a few gregorian schola members who sing at a NO Mass once a month. If any other people are interested in the TLM, they have not expressed it for many years. I believe a local independent, former-SSPX priest says the TLM once a month in a Holiday Inn, but that's a little seedy for me. It would be nice to go just to see how many Catholics attend, though I have no connection to any of them.  sad
The chapel I attend to my south has four resident priest (and I believe four Sisters)  with Sunday and daily Masses, along with a daily Prime and Compline and Sunday Vespers and Compline.  So, I guess this counts as a full parochial life.

If however I attend the chapel to my north than Mass is only said on Saturday and Sunday, since it is a mission chapel with the priest coming from the previous mentioned chapel.
We have a weekly (Sunday TLM) celebrated by a visiting priest but the Pastor and the Resident celebrate the TLM on an almost daily basis.  I know that they have it at least on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and sometimes they have it in the morning on those other days.

Sadly, my schedule doesn't allow attendance, although it changes with the semester and my work schedule.  One day!
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(09-12-2011, 02:52 PM)InfinityCodaLMHSYF Wrote: The chapel I attend to my south has four resident priest (and I believe four Sisters)  with Sunday and daily Masses, along with a daily Prime and Compline and Sunday Vespers and Compline.  So, I guess this counts as a full parochial life.

Now that's what I'm talking about.

Next step: restoring the minor orders!
I attend  SSPX mission chapels(which one depends on the particular Sunday of the month) that father comes to every weekend from Kansas City.
PAROCHIALHuh??? I thought the Liberals destroyed that word. They thought parochial school was too confining, too catholic.