Ven. Elena Aiello + SSPX + SP's anniversary = ?
(09-12-2011, 10:26 PM)tradne4163 Wrote: Are those prophecies somewhat symbolic? Last I checked, Russia doesn't use a red flag anymore. Oh, and about some big war..... didn't happen. Even if you try to fit the 'War on Terror' today, it still doesn't fit. Am I missing something?
  What of the idea that Russia is playing this peace card by changing back to it's original flag?  If Russia is the one in prophecy who does the invading, what's to say it won't change back to that  fashionable red we all grew up with?
(09-15-2011, 12:09 AM)verenaerin Wrote: Paranoid?

Google FEMA camps in your state. Then you are in my world!

Mwahahahahahahahahahaha!

Seriously thought, there are 4 within a 100 mile radius of me.

Man, there's one section of the game Deus Ex: Human Revolution where you infiltrate a FEMA internment camp in the middle of Detroit in 2027. Creepy to think about.
My brother just wrote the following to me.  Interesting points I felt were worth sharing with the forum.

I just read through the Elena Aiello prophesies and I have to agree that they seem flawed on a number of levels.
The latest prophesies comes from 1961 (she died June 19th 1961 a day after St.Michael is supposed to have appeared at Garabandal for the first time)

Firstly they strongly imply an imminent physical scourge and Russian invasion unless mankind changed. Man most certainly didn't change, but became 100 times worse in the decade which was just beginning.  Making definite threats, without carrying them out when your conditions are not met is not something that an all knowing God should be part of.  Also one of the prophesies is from early 1961 and it is demanding ludicrous fidelity of all-mankind to the Pope who was then John XXIII !

I think these prophesies are false.  Maybe that's why she's being canonised now.  I don't care how holy and self sacrificing someone is.  Facts are facts.  The predictions didn't happen.  The real and immediate danger was the complete corruption and sell-out of the Church from within and this is never even hinted at, even though Vatican II had actually started by then.

Garabandal however, said priests, bishops and cardinals are heading to perdition and taking many souls with them.  That was accurate but FAR from obvious to Spanish peasant children in the early 1960s.
(09-15-2011, 03:23 PM)ggreg Wrote: Making definite threats, without carrying them out when your conditions are not met is not something that an all knowing God should be part of. 

...Facts are facts.  The predictions didn't happen.

Patience is a virtue.

Your arguments that its taking too long does not hold water, in light of the prophecies of the Sacred Heart of Jesus to St. Margaret Mary:

[quote]There is also the revelation of St. Margaret Mary.  The Sacred Heart of Jesus told St. Margaret Mary that the King of France must consecrate his country to the Sacred Heart. Not simply privately, but publicly, and to put the emblem of the Sacred Heart on the standard, on the flag of France, and on his coat of arms. Now this was given without a Miracle of the Sun. This was given in the message given to St. Margaret Mary on June 17, 1689.

This message was written down and transmitted to the kings of France. They knew of the request and they ignored it, so on June 17, 1789, one hundred years later to the day, the King of France had his legislative power taken from him by the Third Estate, and four years later, after being in prison for some time, he was executed.
I at times feel and share Ggreg doubts along with his brother. I think what is happening is God's Mercy. He is willing and allowing lots of time so the folks He knows will repent and return, come back to Him. That is what happened for me, and from the early months, I was aware of the chastisement coming, and I had a sense like Simeon, I would be allowed to see it. In the beginning it was thrilling and now I am frightened more and more, not for my life, but for my entire family's eternal souls, and all of my close childhood pals. In the last year I am of the opinion we will get the Consecration of Russia, but because it will be late will get some of the Chastisement.

tim
But Kopp, Margaret Mary never said soon, did she.  Open ended is one thing.  Soon is another.

Words have meanings.  You read the Ven Elena Aiello's statement and they talk about things being imminent.

They weren't imminent.  Over 50 years have passed.  By no stretch of the imagination is that soon.  The prophecies are for human ears and humans only live 70 -90 years

I am sorry but one has to judge prophecies as to whether they do what they say on the tin.  And hers did not.
(09-15-2011, 06:58 AM)thomas7 Wrote:
(09-12-2011, 10:26 PM)tradne4163 Wrote: Are those prophecies somewhat symbolic? Last I checked, Russia doesn't use a red flag anymore. Oh, and about some big war..... didn't happen. Even if you try to fit the 'War on Terror' today, it still doesn't fit. Am I missing something?
  What of the idea that Russia is playing this peace card by changing back to it's original flag?  If Russia is the one in prophecy who does the invading, what's to say it won't change back to that  fashionable red we all grew up with?

"“Flagstaffs (flying the Red flag over St. Peter’s dome and elsewhere) collapse...."

The mention of the color "red" is within parentheses thus are not part of her prophecy. 

(09-15-2011, 04:55 PM)ggreg Wrote: But Kopp, Margaret Mary never said soon, did she.  Open ended is one thing.  Soon is another.

Words have meanings.  You read the Ven Elena Aiello's statement and they talk about things being imminent.

They weren't imminent.  Over 50 years have passed.  By no stretch of the imagination is that soon.  The prophecies are for human ears and humans only live 70 -90 years

I am sorry but one has to judge prophecies as to whether they do what they say on the tin.  And hers did not.

So it all hinges on the word "soon"?

Otherwise, by your measure of time frames, the prophecies of Fatima and Garabandal can also be disregarded by now.

I also believe a world war was averted in 1984 that might have ended up being the fulfillment of some of these prophecies:

Quote:March 25, 1984 Pope John Paul II, "united with all the pastors of the Church in a particular bond whereby we constitute a body and a college," consecrates "the whole world, especially the peoples for which by reason of their situation you have particular love and solicitude." Both the Pope and Sr. Lucia initially seemed uncertain that the consecration has been fulfilled, but shortly thereafter Sr. Lucia tells the papal nuncio to Portugal that the Consecration is fulfilled.
May 13, 1984 One of the largest crowds in Fatima history gathers at the shrine to pray the Rosary for peace.
May 13, 1984 An explosion at the Soviets’ Severomorsk Naval Base destroys two-thirds of all the missiles stockpiled for the Soviets’ Northern Fleet. The blast also destroys workshops needed to maintain the missiles as well as hundreds of scientists and technicians. Western military experts called it the worst naval disaster the Soviet Navy has suffered since WWII.
December 1984 Soviet Defense Minister, mastermind of the  invasion plans for Western Europe, suddenly and mysteriously dies.

Of course, all of us have doubts whether the consecration had been fulfilled...
GOOD FRIDAY (March 23) 1961
The Madonna speaks: “My daughter, the scourge is near. Much is spoken of peace, but all the world will soon be at war, and the streets will be stained with blood! No gleam of light is seen in the world, because men live in the darkness of error, and the enormous weight of sin angers the justice of God.”

“All nations will be punished, because sin has spread all over the world! Tremendous will be the punishments, because man has arrived at an insupportable contest with his God and Father, and has exasperated His infinite Goodness!”

“My heart bleeds for Italy also, which will be safe only in part for the Pope! Oh!, what grief to see the representative of Christ on earth hated, persecuted, outraged!”  [This was Pope John XXIII]

“He, who is the Spiritual Father of the people, the defender of the Faith and of truth, whose face, radiant with light, shines upon the world, is greatly hated.” 

“He, who personifies Christ on earth, doing good for all, becomes thus outraged with impunity!”

“Many iniquitous and wicked leaders of the people, who live and drag along with them their people outside the laws of God, showing themselves in sheep’s’ clothing, while being rapacious wolves, have ruined society, stirring it up against God and His Church.”

“How can the world be saved, from the disaster that is about to crash down upon the misleading nations, if man does not repent of his errors and failings? The only salvation is a complete repentance and return to God, and a true devotion to my Immaculate Heart, particularly in the daily recitation of my Rosary.”

“Once there was the chastisement by water, but if there is not a returning to God, there will come the chastisement by fire, which will cover the streets of the world with blood.”

"My daughter, cry out loudly, and let it be known to all, that, if they do not return to God, Italy too, will only in part be safe for the Pope.”

“My heart of Mother, and Mediatrix of men, close to the mercy of God, invites, with many manifestations and many signs, the people to penance and to pardon. But they respond with a storm of hate, blasphemies and sacrilegious profanations, as if blinded by an infernal rage. I wish prayers and penance, in order that I may again obtain mercy and salvation for many souls — otherwise they will be lost.”

- - -

I call bullshit on this one.

She chose the wrong Pope to praise.  John XXIII was a disaster.

If Heaven liked John XXIII then we might as well pack our bags and capitulate to the modernists.