I can't read through all the SSPX and Rome threads-- someone please summarize
Can someone please summarize what happened today in Rome? Clearly, with nothing in Latin or French, thank you. And no speculation, just the facts  :laughing:
1) Rome submitted a two (or three) page text to the SSPX with a preamble that summarises the discussions and enumerates some principles Rome considers essential that the Society should adhere to for "full communion." If the Society should sign it, then the canonical regularisation will ensue.

2) Bp. Fellay says the Society will consider this seriously but hasn't given a date to the response, although Rome expects it within a few months time.
As expected...nothing of any substance has happened this time round the houses.Fine words were shared on both sides of the debate.The Status Quo remains.
Told you.

Either the document contains something specific and wrong in which case the SSPX won't sign it or MORE LIKELY it is deliberately vague so that Rome can co-exist with a contradictory set of truths.  Remember these are only contradictory to us because they don't believe in fixed truth, so nothing really contradicts.  To their way of thinking (mush minds), the truth is unfolding until we reach point Omega.

No deal is ever going to work with these clowns.  We should just pray for a chastisement and petition God to get it over with.

No man's land is draining my wil to live.
(09-14-2011, 02:55 PM)ggreg Wrote: Told you.

Either the document contains something specific and wrong in which case the SSPX won't sign it or MORE LIKELY it is deliberately vague so that Rome can co-exist with a contradictory set of truths.  Remember these are only contradictory to us because they don't believe in fixed truth, so nothing really contradicts.  To their way of thinking (mush minds), the truth is unfolding until we reach point Omega.

No deal is ever going to work with these clowns.  We should just pray for a chastisement and petition God to get it over with.

No man's land is draining my wil to live.

I hope it's not bad that I laughed at your last line!  Seriously, I do agree with you.  And it isn't a laughing matter.  I'm tired of "no man's land" too as you put it.  Much of what you said reminds me of +BW's letters:  We say 2+2=4, they say okay, sure 2+2+4, but it can also =5.  Let's all live happily together agreeing to disagree.

p.s. to ErinIsNice:  I think Vetus summed it up pretty well.
I fear Bishop Williamson knows the Roman mind better than anyone.  And he has articulated it very well in his speeches and writings.

They really are mad as a box of frogs over there.
Thank you so much Vetus!
(09-14-2011, 03:05 PM)ErinIsNice Wrote: Thank you so much Vetus!

What about me n Ggreg!!??  :o
(09-14-2011, 02:55 PM)ggreg Wrote: Either the document contains something specific and wrong in which case the SSPX won't sign it or MORE LIKELY it is deliberately vague so that Rome can co-exist with a contradictory set of truths.  Remember these are only contradictory to us because they don't believe in fixed truth, so nothing really contradicts.  To their way of thinking (mush minds), the truth is unfolding until we reach point Omega.

You have admitted to being a simpleton and a common peasant before, but, ironically, you seem to understand the situation much better than most.

May God bless you for your simple, common-sense understanding of such complex matters that even the learned struggle to grasp.
43 years in the valley of tears has taught even this ignorant peasant a few lessons.

Leopards don't change their spots.

No high ranking modernist has, to the best of my knowledge, ever come over and seen that modernism was wrong.  It can't be "wrong" because there is no longer any "wrong" for it to be.

That is kind of interesting.  With 1000s of cardinals and bishops, not one of them has EVER thought, "How did my ancestors worship God?" and jumped ship to Traditional Catholicism.  Bishops have run off with women, men, boys, embezzled money, become Freemasons and even Train Spotters.  But not one has even re-discovered Traditional Catholicism. You've essentially had two Bishops.  Lefebvre and Castro De Meyer.  Who never left Tradition.

That strikes me as stastically curious.  Over 50 years I might expect one of them to change their mind and realise that modernism was a disaster and the fruits were dreadful.  After all a lot is at stake.  If they betray God they are going to burn in Hell.  Many of them would have taken the oath against modernism and yet here they all are supporting modernism as a heresy.

I therefore conclude that they're trapped in their sophistry.  This is why God needs to fry them in a massive Chastisement and destroy Rome as per multiple prohecies that He will do just this.  Like an infestation of bed-bugs the only way to rid the world of this horrible heresy is widespread death and destruction.  Kill the nest.  Stop them from breeding.

I hold no hope for a human solution to this problem or an organic grass roots restoration.  Just as I hold no hope that you'll get rid of bed-bugs by just washing your bedclothes.