Tornielli: “Peace” agreement reached between Vatican and Lefebvrians
It's a shame proofreading skills aren't a criterion of Catholicity.
Aye
(09-15-2011, 05:42 PM)dan hunter Wrote: she can go, but nothing will happen.
Dan Hunter has spoken. It must be true.  ::)
(09-15-2011, 06:25 PM)JMartyr Wrote:
(09-15-2011, 05:42 PM)dan hunter Wrote: she can go, but nothing will happen.
Dan Hunter has spoken. It must be true.  ::)
The Church has spoken, it must be true.
Dan Hunter knows nothing of his own accord. All I know is hoe to sin.
Am I missing something?

We don't know the preamble yet nor do we know what the SSPX is going to do.  How much speculation is even possible?
(09-15-2011, 10:33 PM)dan hunter Wrote: Dan Hunter knows nothing of his own accord. All I know is hoe to sin.

He doesn't even know hoe to spell.  :laughing:
(09-15-2011, 06:01 PM)Magdalene Wrote:
(09-15-2011, 12:20 PM)Stubborn Wrote: This letter is a complete joke. Who here has ever heard of a "Doctrinal Preamble" anyway? - another fresh novelty of the NO?

In short, the main message I see is that all the talks that spanned over a period of two years fell on deaf ears. Who thinks SSPX is going to agree this when, according to this letter, nothing at all has changed?

I disagree.  This is no joke. This is the olive branch of reconciliation. I do think that the SSPX will agree although perhaps not all and those ones risk remaining outside of the jurisdiction of the holy Father for who knows how long...protestants are outside his jurisdiction too.   Pope Benedict is willing to go quite far to incorporate the SSPX back to the fold in such a way that the moniker of schism no longer is laid upon them as it is still.

What possible reconciliation can the Modernist Church, infiltrated with the enemy possibly offer that any faithful traditional Catholic, including the SSPX would even want? BEFORE any such reconciliation can even be considered, there must be* AT LEAST* an acknowledgement of a crisis from Rome - but in reality steps should already have been taken to correct the crisis from within the ranks of the Church - or what the heck good is it?

Put it on a different level and consider the serial killer of your child was offering you a truce for fellowship - why on earth would you even considering being in fellowship with the murderer of your child? What do you have in common? The one you loved has been destroyed by the killer who kills children - now suppose that killer was your spouse and you'll have some idea of what the heck is happening here.  The NO has killed the faith of generations of children and have shown no interest in changing - I know you well enough to claim you would either flee or fight that travesty - but you would NOT join it. So it goes with the SSPX, they will not and cannot accept the BS olive branch for the sake of fellowship when they have no fellowship with the crimes the NO is guilty of and shows it has no intentions of changing.

(09-15-2011, 06:01 PM)Magdalene Wrote: And if things can be worked out, many will then feel free to attend the SSPX chapels that do not feel that way at present.  This is huge!  So many dioceses are dragging their feet on the SP and now this "Prelature" would be outside the oversight of the bishop but yet remain under the Holy Father.

People who wish to attend the traditional mass can go to FSSP. Afterall, the FSSP thought pretty much the same as you posted, plus they believed that they could really make major changes to the crisis from within - that has proven itself as wishful thinking because the change has got to happen and start from the very top of the food chain - the pope.

Again, even God does not forgive one who is not sorry for their sin. They must *at least* resolve to not repeat that sin before God will forgive that person.............in +45 years, there has never been any such resolve to right the wrongs since V2, not even so much as an acknowledgement that there are even any problems.........in fact it is quite the opposite still, because the pope, bishops, cardinals etc. are only consistent in one thing and one thing only - "to further the will of the council of V2".   

(09-15-2011, 06:01 PM)Magdalene Wrote: I think there are some that wish to hang on to their bitterness and anger but that benefits no one.  It is time for all concerned to do what they can to heal this wound.  Does that mean a total repudiation of VII? No. That will not happen. But there seems to be loopholes appearing as to its total acceptance.

There is bitterness and anger, it's a just anger because of what has been done to the faithful at the hands of those who were entrusted with the duties of shepherds  - and there is no letting go of it as long as modernism reigns and and continues to grow  within the Church.

Yes, it is time for all concerned to do what they can to heal this wound - the SSPX has doing what they can all along, when will Rome start doing what they can?
(09-15-2011, 10:35 PM)FHM310 Wrote:
(09-15-2011, 10:33 PM)dan hunter Wrote: Dan Hunter knows nothing of his own accord. All I know is hoe to sin.

He doesn't even know hoe to spell.  :laughing:
I am a retread on the computer, I agree.
(09-16-2011, 06:35 AM)Stubborn Wrote: People who wish to attend the traditional mass can go to FSSP.

We don't have one here in San Antonio.  The only TLM is A SSPX chapel and the Church of St. Pius X (I think it's a diocesan mass).

(09-16-2011, 11:28 AM)Josué Wrote:
(09-16-2011, 06:35 AM)Stubborn Wrote: People who wish to attend the traditional mass can go to FSSP.

We don't have one here in San Antonio.  The only TLM is A SSPX chapel and the Church of St. Pius X (I think it's a diocesan mass).
Thank the good Lord for the SSPX.
We have a similar situation here.