Tornielli: “Peace” agreement reached between Vatican and Lefebvrians
(09-16-2011, 01:26 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(09-16-2011, 01:19 PM)Stubborn Wrote:
(09-16-2011, 12:29 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: Now you want to hear what's funny? There was a SSPX chapel 20 minutes from where I lived. I had no idea. The chapel had not been listed in the Catholic directories I had looked up. None of the other unhappy Catholics I knew knew about it. It was completely invisible to me. And even if I had heard about as soon as someone said "oh they are not sanctioned by Rome and they have a bishop that denies the holocaust" I would have stopped thinking about them.

But, I never got that far. Had no idea they existed. And I visited the town where they were located at least weekly during this period as my girlfriend at the time lived there.

The SSPX was totally invisible to me. And it remains so to many Catholics. It could do so much more good if it no longer was.

It would not have been invisible had you been seeking for it.
Why would anybody seek out a group that they had been taught was a bunch of schismatics that must be avoided? 

That begs the question.......why would anyone believe any thing that the NO taught?

Messages In This Thread
Re: Tornielli: “Peace” agreement reached between Vatican and Lefebvrians - by Stubborn - 09-16-2011, 01:30 PM