Tornielli: “Peace” agreement reached between Vatican and Lefebvrians
(09-21-2011, 09:30 AM)Nic Wrote:
(09-19-2011, 06:37 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(09-19-2011, 06:31 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: lVB claims he NO was a Protestant bastard mass. Indojbt bishop Felly had. A plm with that take

As I recall the actual quote, he said it was "protestantized"  i.e. made more similar to a protestant service.  This does not mean the same thing as being protestant.  We can see the same word formation when people say that a man is feminized.  They are claiming that his behaviour has become more like a woman's.  They are not saying that he has literally turned into a woman.  He is still a man.  Similarly, the NO Mass is still a Catholic Mass.

Protestant or "Protestantized," the simple fact remains that it is the clear position of the SSPX that we should NOT attend the N.O. Mass - this is something that you simply cannot deny or weasel around.  This is not due to its validity, but due to its sacrilege and its faulty foundation that is most clearly not rooted in the Faith.  Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi.  This law absolutely speaks volumes concerning the simple fact that the New Mass doesn't teach traditional Catholicism - therefore, albeit possibly valid, it is not a Catholic Mass because a Catholic Mass has to teach the Faith.  The utter magnitude of the modern crisis we are going through is because people claiming Catholicism have been duped - they have been told that this New Mass is Catholic.  We have seen the outcome with our own eyes.  If this Mass taught the Faith then we wouldn't see the statistics that we do.

Therefore, it doesn't matter one bit if modern "Rome" calls this Mass Catholic or the "Ordinary Form" because we can clearly see otherwise.  The all-time Tradition of the Church fervently condemns the New Mass and I am 100% confident that the New Mass will be condemned by a future Magesterium.  Just like people 30 years ago who believed with all of their hearts that the Latin Mass was not suspended, those same people didn't need "Rome" to tell them otherwise - they already knew it from Tradition.  I don't need "Rome" to tell me that the New Mass is condemned, although one day they surely will (unless Christ returns beforehand).

I am aware that it is the SSPX position that Catholics should not attend the NO Mass.  They are wrong and so are you.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Tornielli: “Peace” agreement reached between Vatican and Lefebvrians - by JayneK - 09-21-2011, 06:39 PM