this is the state of the church
When, o when will I learn that it's better for me not to read the stupid comments' section? Good grief.
Oh don't look now but it seems the episcopelians are about to gain a couple of members.  ;D

Look it is always sad when a soul is lost, however I think these souls were lost long before we found out about it.
(09-15-2011, 05:08 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: Look it is always sad when a soul is lost, however I think these souls were lost long before we found out about it.

Very true. 
What a breath of fresh air! The music for the last 22 years was probably all hymns so syrupy they'd make Willy Wonka ill. I hope the priest imports a real music director now, rather than someone who likely just used everything that felt the "nicest". ;D
:chleader: :amen: kudos to the priest!!
(09-15-2011, 08:43 PM)Laetare Wrote: What a breath of fresh air! The music for the last 22 years was probably all hymns so syrupy they'd make Willy Wonka ill. I hope the priest imports a real music director now, rather than someone who likely just used everything that felt the "nicest". ;D

Ha, I hadn't even thought of that.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
Lets hope Archbishop Myers of the Archdiocese of Newark doesn't punish him. Some of these music ministers are soo into themselves it's disgusting.
(09-15-2011, 08:43 PM)Laetare Wrote: What a breath of fresh air! The music for the last 122 years was probably all hymns so syrupy they'd make Willy Wonka ill.

Fixed it for you.
(09-15-2011, 10:37 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
(09-15-2011, 08:43 PM)Laetare Wrote: What a breath of fresh air! The music for the last 122 years was probably all hymns so syrupy they'd make Willy Wonka ill.

Fixed it for you.

What happened in 1889?
(09-16-2011, 01:04 AM)Someone1776 Wrote: What happened in 1889?

Modernism.

No, really, a dark cloud of bad taste for hymnody has been hanging over Catholic-dom since the late 1800's, if not before. Plainchant is the remedy.

:edited to add: A lot of bad oldies are here on this site: http://midihymns.homestead.com/midiindex.html