Wargaming a +Fellay acceptance
(09-16-2011, 02:11 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(09-16-2011, 02:04 PM)OCLittleFlower Wrote: As far as speculation that progressives might "leave the Church," well, if they would leave over this -- at least, formally -- haven't they already left, informally?

Yes, this would be a good thing.  There are two groups that will leave as a result of an agreement - schismatic elements associated with the SSPX and the liberal elements in the rest of the Church.  These are both losses that will benefit the Church.

I agree, assuming that +F does not sign anything that forces him to agree to the Council as a whole.  However, I don't think he would sign such a document.
I apologise if anyone was offended by the inclusion of +Tissier de Mallerais. He does seem, though, to have said some harsher things about the official Church than one finds Bishop Fellay saying, e.g.

This New Religion is nothing else, my dear faithful, than a gnostic sect. I think that this is the word that characterizes it perfectly, since it is a religion without sin, without justice, without mercy, without penance, without conversion, without virtue, without sacrifice, without effort, but simply a self-consciousness. It is a purely "intellectualist" religion, it is a pure gnostic sect. Then my dear future deacons and priests, be sure that I ordain you neither deacons nor priests to be deacons and priests of this gnostic religion. And I am persuaded that your intention also was to receive the Catholic priesthood today, from the hands of the Catholic Church, and not to receive the gnostic priesthood from the hands of I know not what gnostic system. (Ordination Sermon of June 2002)

On Pope Benedict:

[b]It is sufficient to say that he has professed heresies. (Interview with Stephen Heiner of April 2006)

Still, I guess not much longer to wait!
These are harsh..And 100% true also. This has nothing to do with him not following Bishop Fellay
Here's an interesting article entitled "Jews Worried by Vatican Gesture to Traditionalists".

http://news.yahoo.com/jews-worried-vatic...44192.html

If +Fellay accepts then the shit is going to hit the fan with the Jews.  They'll be crying "Nazis" and "Benedict Hitler Youth" all over the place.  Boo hoo.
(09-16-2011, 07:58 PM)Walty Wrote: If +Fellay accepts then the shit is going to hit the fan with the Jews.  They'll be crying "Nazis" and "Benedict Hitler Youth" all over the place.  Boo hoo.

Despite his claims to the contrary, Abraham Foxman is not the president of the Jews. Not all Jews agree with him. 
(09-16-2011, 08:25 PM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(09-16-2011, 07:58 PM)Walty Wrote: If +Fellay accepts then the shit is going to hit the fan with the Jews.  They'll be crying "Nazis" and "Benedict Hitler Youth" all over the place.  Boo hoo.

Despite his claims to the contrary, Abraham Foxman is not the president of the Jews. Not all Jews agree with him. 

I'm sure they don't.  He is a figurehead for secular, Zionist Jews, however, and he makes a lot of noise.
Our SSPX pastor (Fr. Stanich) told us in the sermon yesterday that Bnai Brith wants the Vatican to insist that the SSPX accept all of Vatican II  :laughing:
If they are "regularized," we know the liberals are going to go ape-shit wild, that is no surprise.  I just wonder what the neo-con "fake trads" are going to say when the SSPX, whom they will now be forced to state are in "full communion," (because "Rome" says so) speaks out against the errors and ambiguities of Vatican II from within the official hierarchial structure of the Church, and more importantly, the errors of the New Mass that they call the "Ordinary Form," which the SSPX has a VERY strong stance against and advices its proponents NOT to attend it.  I just wonder how these neo-cons are going to react to Catholics "in full communion" attacking a rite of Mass they think is Catholic - a Mass that the SSPX has fought against for all of these long years.  They won't be able to cry "schismatic" or "fringe element" any longer.  I see some of these neo-cons personally excommunicating the SSPX while some of them may finally pull the scales from their eyes and begin to see.  I pray the latter is true for the majority.