Pope Benedict is the last 2 Pope til end of the world, Prophecy of St Malachy
Friends,

I have to tell you, I am shocked when I read the Prophecy of St Malachy on 112 popes who reigned from his time until our time.

According to his prophecy, Pope Benedict is the last 2 Pope till the "last last" pope, when rome will be destroyed and end of the world, Christ come and judge the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy_of_the_Popes
http://www.catholic-pages.com/grabbag/malachy.asp

Read them yourself

My suggestion, start reading the lives of the saints and books written by the saints, and reform your life.

Go to confession frequently, at least monthly.

The books, which has changed my life, really. Reading the lives of the saints and saints books are very different from our unreformed life. And will bring about good.

http://catholic-books.blogspot.com/

My recommended book would be "Preparation for death" by St Alphonsus Liguori.

Most of the writings of the saints availabe from tanbooks are available for free at the site because they are in public domain.

The saints do not write books for money..... Jesus mercy!

Because saints do not seek money, the books are in public domain, so everyone is free to distribute them without charge.

USE the opportunities. Seize it.

Many saints become saints by reading the lives and works of the saints, they are well read. Such as St Alphonsus Liguori, St Anthony Mary Claret, St Ignatius of Loyola.

Why not you?
After all, we are all called to be saints

God Bless

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy_of...skepticism
The Prophecy of Malachi is as much Church Teaching as my 8th grade Nun teacher telling us that "Heaven is like a big rock concert".

There are many inaccuracies in the Prophecy of Malachi.
I thought this was proven to be false?
If it happens, it happens.  Until it does I'm just going to stick with my rosary..

(09-17-2011, 11:23 AM)dan hunter Wrote: The Prophecy of Malachi is as much Church Teaching as my 8th grade Nun teacher telling us that "Heaven is like a big rock concert".

Oh please!  How foolish!  Heaven is a half-pipe not a rock-concert!
(09-17-2011, 11:55 AM)City Smurf Wrote: If it happens, it happens.  Until it does I'm just going to stick with my rosary..

(09-17-2011, 11:23 AM)dan hunter Wrote: The Prophecy of Malachi is as much Church Teaching as my 8th grade Nun teacher telling us that "Heaven is like a big rock concert".

..how about a half pipe at a rock concert?
We do not know the day of the divine Thief's coming to steal away this wicked hour. The Lord has His day, and Satan his hour, and we live in the hour, certainly. Our Lord strictly forbids us from taking prophecy into our hands like this. To accept this prophecy on your own stead, interpreting it as the world ending within the next 50 years or so, is in contradiction to His direct injunction. Patience... :)
(09-17-2011, 11:58 AM)dan hunter Wrote:
(09-17-2011, 11:55 AM)City Smurf Wrote: If it happens, it happens.  Until it does I'm just going to stick with my rosary..

..how about a half pipe at a rock concert?

Will the angels be sure that the people in the first rows don't stand on their chairs?  I hope God will fix it so that drunks never puke in Heaven until they're in their own room, too.

I just had a horrible thought.  I'll bet people text at concerts now.  'sOK, tho.  I've seen 98.5% of the musicians I consider greats. :metal:   :metal:   :metal:

Image "Rush" in heaven?
No I don't either, but it would be fun.

Neil Pert would have to change a lot of his lyrics.
The rock concert derailment is as good as any, but I just wanted to add my comments on the original topic.

In Acts 1:7-8, as Jesus was about to be taken up to heaven, the disciples were asking, more or less, for information on what was going to happen. And Jesus's answer, very paraphrased, was "it's none of your business. But I've given you a job to do, so go do it."

But that applies to all of us, all the time. The Second Coming might happen this afternoon, maybe even before I finish typing this post, or it might not be for another hundred thousand years. We don't know when, and we've been told we won't know when, but we've been told to always be ready. And, in fact, whenever the Final Judgement is going to be, I know that my personal meeting with the Judge will certainly take place within less than 100 years, and maybe even this afternoon or before I finish typing this.

So, rather than speculating about what I've been told I SHOULDN'T speculate about, I should go about my duties, as if the Lord might come and call for an accounting at any time, unexpectedly, AS HE SAID HE WOULD. Fulfilling my duties, avoiding mortal sin, being prepared - these are the things I need to concentrate on.