Pope Benedict is the last 2 Pope til end of the world, Prophecy of St Malachy
(09-18-2011, 06:30 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: From Mikemac's quote from the Catholic Encyclopedia, highlighted for emphasis:

Quote:It has been noticed concerning Petrus Romanus, who according to St. Malachy's list is to be the last pope, that the prophecy does not say that no popes will intervene between him and his predecessor designated Gloria olivæ. It merely says that he is to be the last, so that we may suppose as many popes as we please before "Peter the Roman".

It could be that the time between the olive branch and Peter the Roman could be the minor chastisement, the era of  peace, and the end times. It could be so we don't know when the Antichrist is coming and the Return of Jesus Christ. Only the Father knows.

tim
(09-17-2011, 11:41 PM)mikemac Wrote: Personally I think Pope Benedict is the Gloria olivæ too.

Cardinal Martini would have been a better fit for that Prophecy if he had been made Pope.

After all, nothing glorifies an olive quite like a Martini.
Lol
We can find better things to do with our time.

Even Our Lord in His humanity said that He did not know the time of the Second Coming - only the Father knows.
Everyone knows the world ends on May 21, 2011. 

(09-19-2011, 02:21 AM)Pilgrim_here Wrote: We can find better things to do with our time.

Speak for yourself.
(09-18-2011, 06:30 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: From Mikemac's quote from the Catholic Encyclopedia, highlighted for emphasis:

Quote:It has been noticed concerning Petrus Romanus, who according to St. Malachy's list is to be the last pope, that the prophecy does not say that no popes will intervene between him and his predecessor designated Gloria olivæ. It merely says that he is to be the last, so that we may suppose as many popes as we please before "Peter the Roman".

True.  This is the proper way to "divinate" prophecy.  There are yet many predictions that need ot be fiulfilled, e.g., the Consecration of Russia (this pope won't fo it and we can't wait for Peter the Roman, so it has to be some interim Pope),  the conversion of Russia may take half a century to take place, the period of peace, etc.
(09-17-2011, 08:12 PM)Underdog Wrote:
(09-17-2011, 11:55 AM)City Smurf Wrote: If it happens, it happens.  Until it does I'm just going to stick with my rosary..

(09-17-2011, 11:23 AM)dan hunter Wrote: The Prophecy of Malachi is as much Church Teaching as my 8th grade Nun teacher telling us that "Heaven is like a big rock concert".

There are many inaccuracies in the Prophecy of Malachi.

Oh please!  How foolish!  Heaven is a half-pipe not a rock-concert!

:amen:
Heaven is a never ending TLM.  ;D
(09-19-2011, 02:49 AM)Vincentius Wrote:

True.  This is the proper way to "divinate" prophecy.  There are yet many predictions that need ot be fiulfilled, e.g., the Consecration of Russia (this pope won't fo it and we can't wait for Peter the Roman, so it has to be some interim Pope),  the conversion of Russia may take half a century to take place, the period of peace, etc.

Ah yes, one more of those prophecies which can only be interpreted after the event. It is a bit like predicting which horse has won the race after the race has finished. Kind of pointless.  I really don't see the point of cryptic prophecies. Are we gnostics or something? Either speak plainly or don't trouble me.

If there are two more Popes then the Malachi prophecies are wrong.
Tradne that's a very pius thought, but in Heaven there is no Sacrifice of the Mass. The Lamb reigns at the Feast. "Beati qui ad Cenam Agni vocati sunt."
tim