Pope Benedict is the last 2 Pope til end of the world, Prophecy of St Malachy
(09-19-2011, 07:24 AM)timoose Wrote: Tradne that's a very pius thought, but in Heaven there is no Sacrifice of the Mass. The Lamb reigns at the Feast. "Beati qui ad Cenam Agni vocati sunt."
tim

But are they contradictions?  I thought the Mass was supposed to be Heaven on Earth in a mystical sense, and that the Sacrifice is Eternal and always present even in Heaven ...

(Despite what we all don't like about Scott Hahn, I actually thought his book focusing on the Mass as Heaven using the book of the Apocalypse was a very good one.)
Well, what Scott Hahn "discovered" was taught before Vatican II in class for preperation for Confirmantion. It was lost. While in some way their is constant praise in Heaven similiar to the Mass, like the Sanctus, but Christ's re-presentation of His death is not. It isn't necessary. Because of the suppression of the TLM many converts to the TLM are truly in love with the parts of the Mass compared to the NO Mass. Central to the Mass is not Palestrina's Kyrie Elieson or the Bendictus, or even Gregorian chant,  but the death of Our Lord. I don't want to go too far as I'm no expert but that's the gist as I remember it from sixth grade.

I believe but I don't have proof that this has seeped in because of the Novus Ordo Mass being a "communal meal". This is what we were told is in heaven and  Bugnini expressed it in the Latin  for the NO Mass as " Beati qui ad Cenam Agni vocati sunt" or "Blessed are those that are called to the Lamb's Feast".  This will be a Wedding Feast.  Fr. Pacwa has a funny line where he has said repeatedly he wants Jesus to have an ice cream made in Birmingham catered to the Feast, . Humorous, and he is a smidge younger by a year or two, and from Chicago, but he is expressing exactly the sentiment from that teaching back then.

tim
(09-19-2011, 03:51 PM)timoose Wrote: Well, what Scott Hahn "discovered" was taught before Vatican II in class for preperation for Confirmantion. It was lost. While in some way their is constant praise in Heaven similiar to the Mass, like the Sanctus, but Christ's re-presentation of His death is not. It isn't necessary. Because of the suppression of the TLM many converts to the TLM are truly in love with the parts of the Mass compared to the NO Mass. Central to the Mass is not Palestrina's Kyrie Elieson or the Bendictus, or even Gregorian chant,  but the death of Our Lord. I don't want to go too far as I'm no expert but that's the gist as I remember it from sixth grade.

I believe but I don't have proof that this has seeped in because of the Novus Ordo Mass being a "communal meal". This is what we were told is in heaven and  Bugnini expressed it in the Latin  for the NO Mass as " Beati qui ad Cenam Agni vocati sunt" or "Blessed are those that are called to the Lamb's Feast".  This will be a Wedding Feast.  Fr. Pacwa has a funny line where he has said repeatedly he wants Jesus to have an ice cream made in Birmingham catered to the Feast, . Humorous, and he is a smidge younger by a year or two, and from Chicago, but he is expressing exactly the sentiment from that teaching back then.

tim

Thank you, that was a helpful explanation.  Everything good from the TLM will be in Heaven (beauty, worship, truth) but we will not need a re-presentation of the Sacrifice.  Makes sense.
(09-19-2011, 03:55 AM)ggreg Wrote:
(09-19-2011, 02:49 AM)Vincentius Wrote:
(09-18-2011, 06:30 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: From Mikemac's quote from the Catholic Encyclopedia, highlighted for emphasis:

Quote:It has been noticed concerning Petrus Romanus, who according to St. Malachy's list is to be the last pope, that the prophecy does not say that no popes will intervene between him and his predecessor designated Gloria olivæ. It merely says that he is to be the last, so that we may suppose as many popes as we please before "Peter the Roman".

True.  This is the proper way to "divinate" prophecy.  There are yet many predictions that need ot be fiulfilled, e.g., the Consecration of Russia (this pope won't fo it and we can't wait for Peter the Roman, so it has to be some interim Pope),  the conversion of Russia may take half a century to take place, the period of peace, etc.

Ah yes, one more of those prophecies which can only be interpreted after the event. It is a bit like predicting which horse has won the race after the race has finished. Kind of pointless.  I really don't see the point of cryptic prophecies. Are we gnostics or something? Either speak plainly or don't trouble me.

If there are two more Popes then the Malachi prophecies are wrong.

The point of the highlighted section is that there could be a hundred or more Popes between Gloria olivae and Petrus Romanus and St Malachy would still not be 'wrong'.
And maybe when Our Lady told conchita " 3 more Popes and then the end of the times." She didn't mean the 3 had to follow each other.  If Malachi gives a list of 1000 years of Popes, one would reasonably expect a watershed moment. Prophecy which has to be twisted to fit is useless and makes religion look desperate to pedal anything rather than face up to being wrong about some stuff.
I kinda get scared....

don't know..

People are talking about the condition of heaven, I just read a really good book that describes heaven

St Rober Bellarmine, The Eternal Happiness of the Saints
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37259614/Spiritu...larmin.pdf

Check out the Table of Contents

PREFATIO ...2
PREFACE...2
BOOK I. CHAPTER I. THE EXTENT OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD. ...3
CHAPTER II. - THE INHABITANTS OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD...4
CHAPTER III. THE MONARCHICAL FORM OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD. ...6
CHAPTER IV. ALL THE BLESSED ARE KINGS. ...7
CHAPTER V. THE HAPPINESS ENJOYED IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD...9
CHAPTER VI. WHAT IMPORTANCE MEN ATTACH TO EARTHLY KINGDOMS, AND WHAT IMPORTANCE OUGHT TO BE ATTACHED
TO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN...12
CHAPTER VII. THE FIRST MEANS OF ATTAINING TO THE KINGDOM OF GOD...14
CHAPTER VII. THE SECOND MEANS OF ATTAINING TO THE KINGDOM OF GOD...15
CHAPTER IX. - THE THIRD MEANS OF ATTAINING THE KINGDOM OF GOD...16
CHAPTER X. THE FOURTH MEANS OF ATTAINING THE KINGDOM OF GOD...17
BOOK II. CHAPTER I. ON THE BEAUTY OF THE CITY OF GOD...19
CHAPTER II ON THE CONCORD AND PEACE OF THE CITY OF GOD. ...20
CHAPTER III ON THE LIBERTY OF THE CITY OF GOD...21
CHAPTER IV. ON THE SITUATION AND FORM OF THE CITY OF GOD...23
CHAPTER V. ON THE FOUNDATIONS AND GATES OF THE CITY OF GOD...23
CHAPTER VI. ON THE WALLS AND STREETS OF THE CITY OF GOD...25
CHAPTER VII. ON THE TEMPLE OF THE CITY OF GOD. ...26
CHAPTER VIII. ON THE MEAT AND DRINK IN THE CITY OF GOD. ...28
CHAPTER IX ON THE MYSTICAL FOUNDATION OF THE CITY OF GOD. ...29
CHAPTER X. ON THE MYSTICAL GATE OF THE CITY OF GOD...30
CHAPTER XI ON THE MYSTICAL STONES OF THE CITY OF GOD. ...32
CHAPTER XII. ON FLYING FROM THE CITY OF THIS WORLD...34
BOOK III. - CHAPTER I. ALL THE BLESSED ARE THE FAMILIAR SONS OF GOD. ...37
CHAPTER II. THE MAGNITUDE AND BEAUTY OF THE HOUSE OF GOD...38
CHAPTER III. THE CHAMBERS IN THE HOUSE OF GOD...39
CHAPTER IV. ON THE COUCHES IN THE HOUSE OF GOD. ...40
CHAPTER V. ON THE COURTS OF THE HOUSE OF GOD...42
CHAPTER VI. ON THE FIRST GATE OF THE HOUSE OF GOD, WHICH IS FAITH...43
CHAPTER VII. ON HOPE, WHICH IS THE SECOND GATE OF THE HOUSE OF GOD. ...44
CHAPTER VIII. ON CHARITY, WHICH IS THE THIRD GATE...46
CHAPTER IX. ON HUMILITY, WHICH IS THE FOURTH GATE. ...47
CHAPTER X. MORE CONSIDERATIONS ON FAITH...49
CHAPTER XI MORE CONSIDERATIONS ON HOPE...50
CHAPTER XII. OTHER CONSIDERATIONS ON CHARITY. ...50
CHAPTER XIII. OTHER CONSIDERATIONS ON HUMILITY...51
CHAPTER XIV. THE NECESSITY OF ENTERING THIS GATE, HOWEVER NARROW, IF WE WISH TO BE SAVED. ..................................................52
BOOK IV. CHAPTER I. TRUE JOY IS TO BE FOUND IN HEAVEN...53
CHAPTER II. ON THE JOY OF THE UNDERSTANDING. ...54
The Eternal Happiness Of The Saints - St. Robert Bellarmine
CHAPTER III. ON THE JOY OF THE WILL,...56
CHAPTER IV. ON THE JOY OF THE MEMORY...57
CHAPTER V. ON THE JOY OF THE EYES...58
CHAPTER VI. ON THE JOY OF THE EARS. ...59
CHAPTER VII. ON THE JOY OF THE NOSTRILS. ...60
CHAPTER VIII. ON THE JOY THE SENSES OF TOUCH AND TASTE WILL HAVE...61
CHAPTER IX. THE JOYS OF HEAVEN COMPARED WITH THOSE OF EARTH...62
CHAPTER X. THE EARTHLY AND HEAVENLY PARADISE COMPARED...63
CHAPTER XI. THE GOODS OF THIS WORLD, AND THOSE OF THE EARTHLY PARADISE COMPARED WITH THE JOYS OF THE
HEAVENLY PARADISE...64
CHAPTER XII. ON THE PRICE THAT PARADISE WAS PURCHASED AT, COMPARED WITH PARADISE ITSELF....................................................65
BOOK V. CHAPTER I. ON THE TREASURE HIDDEN IN A FIELD...66
CHAPTER II. ON THE PRECIOUS PEARL. ...68
CHAPTER III THE LABOURERS IN THE VINEYARD. ...70
CHAPTER IV. ON THE TALENTS...73
CHAPTER V. THE PARABLE OF THE SUPPER. ...77
CHAPTER VI. THE PARABLE OF THE WISE AND FOOLISH VIRGINS...80
CHAPTER VII. ON THE PRIZE. ...83
CHAPTER VIII. ON THE CROWN. ...86

It's about the condition of heaven. After reading it you get a good sense of what heaven will look like.

I also tried to read the Art of Dying well, by St Robert Bellarmine, but I can't help feeling very scared of my own sins and having to meet Jesus so soon.

The prophecy doesn't bring good peace  :(

Besides, Jesus said also in the end times there will be persecutions.

I'm kinda preparing for that too.... oh my... Jesus have mercy on me a sinner
(09-20-2011, 07:15 AM)sky1 Wrote: oh my... Jesus have mercy on me a sinner

For both of us:  :pray:
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus have mercy on us.
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus have mercy on us.
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus have mercy on us
Immaculate Heart of Mary pray for us
St. Joseph her most chaste spouse pray for us
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus All for Thee, Jesus, Mary, and Joseph

tim