The Hidden Paradigm....
Kindy, it's even more likely that the impending insurrection in Europe is what is spoken about. Imagie all of Europe when the Euro goes belly up, and the guest workers revolt, along with the citizens. It fits that much better. There isn't enough money to bail Greece, what then happens to Italy, one of the larger economies in the world ?

tim
I just wonder why poor little David Yallop went to so much trouble.  What was in it for him? 

On the other side of the coin, when Banco Ambrosiano got into trouble, it was because the bank could not account for $1.287 billion.  That's just one of the Vatican banks.  What are they doing with that kind of money?

What would run God out of the Vatican quicker than a large illicit treasure?  (It doesn't help that the  Vatican values the impossible dream of ecumenism above an overt allegiance to the Mother of God.)

Oh well, I'm not going to beat a dead horse.
The FBI, investigated and PBS had a program on it. The $$$ were sent to banks in the Caymans and lent to Large Companies over the week end. They received their interest, removed the money back the Vatican and to Ambrosiano, taking a cut of the profit and sending it to Solidarnosc. This is theory and I don't believe they had enough proof so it never went to trial.

tim