Hilarious topic on CAF
(09-19-2011, 03:07 AM)DiesIrae Wrote:
(09-18-2011, 05:54 PM)timjp77 Wrote: why does anyone bother to go to the CAF website?

The questions asked and the topics discussed alternately make me laugh and cringe. :pazzo:
You have to dig a bit, but you can find some gems. Also, the Faith tab has a lot of good info. I might not be Catholic today had it not been for CA, so they have some positives.
Are you guys really gonna be nit picky with Catholic Answers just because they don't think  the Novus Ordo is the devil and his freemason buddies taking over the Church? Seriously, a lot of the people that ask questions on the "Ask An Apologist" part of the forums are new to the Church or even converting and just want to learn more. I can't believe the attitude you guys have against CA when they accomplish so much by responding to anyone's questions with charity, as opposed to other places where they are met with hostility from prideful people.
(09-19-2011, 03:41 AM)atlantis587 Wrote: Are you guys really gonna be nit picky with Catholic Answers just because they don't think  the Novus Ordo is the devil and his freemason buddies taking over the Church? Seriously, a lot of the people that ask questions on the "Ask An Apologist" part of the forums are new to the Church or even converting and just want to learn more. I can't believe the attitude you guys have against CA when they accomplish so much by responding to anyone's questions with charity, as opposed to other places where they are met with hostility from prideful people.

Good points.

CAF is not perfect, but they do a lot of good.  I would not be a trad (nor a Catholic at all probably) if it weren't for CAF. 
Is the CAF priest accurate in saying: "The Catholic Church still considers them (the Jews) God's chosen people."?
(09-19-2011, 04:34 PM)Sempiternam Wrote: Is the CAF priest accurate in saying: "The Catholic Church still considers them (the Jews) God's chosen people."?

I don't think so.
(09-19-2011, 12:09 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote:
(09-19-2011, 03:41 AM)atlantis587 Wrote: Are you guys really gonna be nit picky with Catholic Answers just because they don't think  the Novus Ordo is the devil and his freemason buddies taking over the Church? Seriously, a lot of the people that ask questions on the "Ask An Apologist" part of the forums are new to the Church or even converting and just want to learn more. I can't believe the attitude you guys have against CA when they accomplish so much by responding to anyone's questions with charity, as opposed to other places where they are met with hostility from prideful people.

Good points.

CAF is not perfect, but they do a lot of good.  I would not be a trad (nor a Catholic at all probably) if it weren't for CAF. 

Protestants and Orthodox do a lot of good too.

If we're going by that approach, almost nothing is condemnable.
(09-18-2011, 05:54 PM)timjp77 Wrote: why does anyone bother to go to the CAF website?

Because someone on FE gave me a link!

Seriously I started on CAF and thought some of the threads were really worthwhile and doing people good.  Now I mostly go there for the "prayer intentions" forum.
Oh Oh, I tripped over Vetus in getting my post right after his.  Well I am mostly on FE now not on CAF!
(09-19-2011, 05:11 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:

Good points.

Excatly.  By that approach, we couldn't even bash on Hitler.  After all, the Autobaun is awesome.  :p
(09-19-2011, 05:11 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:

Good points.

I'm not saying they should not be condemned for errors.  But they also don't need to be villified suggesting they are fully evil, there is no good in them, no one should ever visit the website, etc. 

Because if we followed the other logic to the other extreme, we should all leave fisheaters too.  FE does "a lot of good" but it has it's own problems (not in the same category as CAF, but it's not a paradise).