Society of St. Pius X “Regularization” Not as Easy as You Think
(09-19-2011, 02:50 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: oh i see. how about his lips?
surely thats all spick and span and traditional then
lol
as well forcing a mosque down Romans throats against their wishes
uh uh
Kissing the Koran is wrong but I do not think the Holy Father used his tongue to kiss it.
(09-19-2011, 01:04 PM)archdiocesan Wrote: Desperate stuff. Does he think these things won't come up in discussions over any canonical proposals?

Pope Benedict is good at calling people's bluff.

What bluff has the SSPX ever engaged in?  As I recall it was then Cardinal Ratzinger who handled a vaguely worded protocol that wasn't clear on whether a bishop was agreed to or would simply be discussed with regards to the SSPX.  It was Card. Ratzinger who tried to bluff LeFebvre by handing him a pre-written apology to JPII write after the Protocol agreement was signed. 

Was LeFebvre bluffing when he said he was going to do what he was going to do?  Who's bluff was called when the excommunication was lifted? It was JPII's bluff that the excommunications were real. 

Quote: There will be those who have become accustomed to their rebel status

You could be and should be talking about the Vatican II enthusiasts who are the true rebels. 

Quote: who reject the offer of everything they asked for;

They've accepted the offer of everything they've asked for that's been given them and the Church on their behalf. When did the offer of rolling back Vatican II get on the table? 

Quote:  the same was true of the Anglo-Papalists who refused Anglicanorum Coetibus.

Not really. The SSPX hasn't rejected anything and they aren't outside the Church. Anglicans are a part of a false religion.  The SSPX are not in the process of "converting" to Catholicism. 

Quote:  Unfortunately, Tradition will not be on the side of such "traditionalists", since Tradition is pretty clear about the prerogratives of the Roman See and the duties of those who would profess the name "Catholic".

EWTN or CAF doesn't accurately define the prerogatives of the Roman See or the Catholic faith in many, many cases.  It was JPII who was willing to abandon the "tradition of the prerogatives of the Holy See in his ridiculous encyclical Ut Unum Sint. God took care of him before he could screw up the papacy any further. God doesn't look too fondly on Popes who mess with Tradition. They depend on their good voice, sparkling eyes, charismatic personality and graceful ways and He reduces them to quivering, mumbling, frustrated and ultimately broken men treated more like mascots than Shepherds. 
Gerard, OUCH. You are one mean hombre, man!
(09-19-2011, 11:21 AM)Ineffable1 Wrote:             This myriad of questions now weighs on Bishop Fellay and on the Society of St. Pius X. A consideration of these questions helps us better understand why Bishop Fellay closed his interview requesting increased prayers and Rosaries for the SSPX for “the graces of light and strength that we need more than ever.”

:pray2:
EXCELLENT points by John Vennari. 
(09-19-2011, 06:32 PM)FHM310 Wrote: EXCELLENT points by John Vennari. 
Yes, it is going to be complicated situation, to say the least.
(09-19-2011, 11:52 AM)dan hunter Wrote: I would "pray hope and not worry" and sign this.
The SSPX can do a lot more holy work for the Church inside the canonical structures of the Church [even though they are Catholic] than they can outside the canonical structures.

::)

Outstanding article by Vennari; a voice of reason among the modern mind-rot.
He has brought up some very pertinent issues....and with my decision to enter an SSPX- affiliated Dominican convent just a few months, I realise that I might have to face certain issues down the road that your ordinary parishoners in the pew won't have to counter.

Am praying so hard for this!
(09-20-2011, 04:48 AM)karyn_anne Wrote: He has brought up some very pertinent issues....and with my decision to enter an - affiliated Dominican convent just a few months, I realise that I might have to face certain issues down the road that your ordinary parishoners in the pew won't have to counter.

Entering the Society seminaries etc., is one thing, their Holy Orders and Masses are valid if illicit, and you can justify Confession to yourself by way of supplied jurisdiction.. but I am not aware or any provision in the Church that allows for supplied jurisdiction to be applied to the profession of religious vows.
(09-20-2011, 04:48 AM)karyn_anne Wrote: He has brought up some very pertinent issues....and with my decision to enter an SSPX- affiliated Dominican convent just a few months, I realise that I might have to face certain issues down the road that your ordinary parishoners in the pew won't have to counter.

I am as well, since I just sent in the paperwork for joining the Society's Third Order.
:pray: