Sermon: "Why Can the Muslims Take Over Europe?" on the Battle of Vienna
Another excellent offering with some fascinating history concerning the Ottoman invasion of Europe in the 17th century, specifically focusing on the role of the Battle of Vienna (the other 9/11):

http://www.audiosancto.org/sermon/201109...urope.html

I was quite intrigued to learn that this Ottoman invasion came in the wake of the failure of Louis XIV (who worked diligently to undermine the Papal response to the Ottoman threat) to consecrate France to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, as expressly enjoined upon him by St Margaret Mary Alacoque, and that thereupon followed the steady decline of the French Monarchy...

And also, Polish King Jan III Sobieski as Server at battlefield Mass -- who knew?

(I know this is already from a week ago, but I thought someone might be interested)
(09-20-2011, 11:54 AM)Fripod Wrote: Another excellent offering with some fascinating history concerning the Ottoman invasion of Europe in the 17th century, specifically focusing on the role of the Battle of Vienna (the other 9/11):

I was quite intrigued to learn that this Ottoman invasion came in the wake of the failure of Louis XIV (who worked diligently to undermine the Papal response to the Ottoman threat) to consecrate France to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, as expressly enjoined upon him by St Margaret Mary Alacoque, and that thereupon followed the steady decline of the French Monarchy...

And also, Polish King Jan III Sobieski as Server at battlefield Mass -- who knew?

(I know this is already from a week ago, but I thought someone might be interested)

In my opinion, that is completely wrong.
1/ The battle of Vienna against the Ottomans was in 1683 while the request of the Consecration of France kingdom was made to Marguerite-Marie by the Sacred Heart in 1689 only, 6 years later.
2/ In this battle the Ottomans were definitively defeated
3/ Though Marguerite-Mary forwarded the request to the king Louis XIV immediately in 1689, he was not mandatorily obliged to perform the Consecration that same year. Should have he complied 20 years later, the effects of the Consecration would have been granted certainly.
4/ Indeed the king never complied and the French Revolution began exactly day to day 100 years later: That is the true outcome of the king's disobedience, not an invasion that was successfully repelled.

(09-20-2011, 12:15 PM)maso Wrote:
(09-20-2011, 11:54 AM)Fripod Wrote: Another excellent offering with some fascinating history concerning the Ottoman invasion of Europe in the 17th century, specifically focusing on the role of the Battle of Vienna (the other 9/11):

In my opinion, that is completely wrong.
1/ The battle of Vienna against the Ottomans was in 1683 while the request of the Consecration of France kingdom was made to Marguerite-Marie by the Sacred Heart in 1689 only, 6 years later.
2/ In this battle the Ottomans were definitively defeated
3/ Though Marguerite-Mary forwarded the request to the king Louis XIV immediately in 1689, he was not mandatorily obliged to perform the Consecration that same year. Should have he complied 20 years later, the effects of the Consecration would have been granted certainly.
4/ Indeed the king never complied and the French Revolution began exactly day to day 100 years later: That is the true outcome of the king's disobedience, not an invasion that was successfully repelled.

My bad.