It's Ember Wenesday: Don't Eat Meat or More Than One Full Meal!
(09-21-2011, 02:50 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(09-21-2011, 02:48 PM)Adam_Michael Wrote: It has been about 11 days since my last confession. I figured since it was Ember Wednesday I would go to confession. I went to the Priest where I work. I have never met him before. Anyways, when I mention Ember Wednesday to him he had no idea what I was talking about.

Perhaps that's a sign you shouldn't go to that priest again.

That's what I am thinking. There was other things that made the experience even worse, but I will spare you all the details. Yep, barring some sort of grave emergency I will not be going back.
(09-21-2011, 12:45 AM)Lydia Grace Wrote: Si, quiero una galleta de Maria :) Es la mas saboroso del mundo.

Are you sure you are Mexican?  :laughing:
(09-21-2011, 03:26 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote:
(09-21-2011, 12:45 AM)Lydia Grace Wrote: Si, quiero una galleta de Maria :) Es la mas saboroso del mundo.

>:( Es que tengo un mobil y no puedo tipar perfectamente.  :P
(09-21-2011, 03:27 PM)Lydia Grace Wrote:
(09-21-2011, 03:26 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote:

>:( Es que tengo un mobil y no puedo tipar perfectamente.  :P

Bueno, le perdono ... todos cometemos errores de vez en cuando  :)
Spain and her colonies have a dispensation from the Friday abstinence for fighting in the Crusades. Or for fighting the Infidel; I forget which. Might explain the chicken thing.
(09-21-2011, 12:48 PM)In nomine Patris Wrote: Is age a factor in this? As in regular fasting?

The traditional rules are those over seven must abstain (partially in the US) and those between 21-59 inclusively must fast. The current fasting rules are different but someone else will have to provide them.
St. Pope Pius V gave dispensation to Spain, and all of her possessions,allowing them to eat fleshmeat on Fridays, until 1950. Even Texas, and New Mexico were involved. I'd have thought some onehere from Texas would've known.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-reli...9925/posts

tim
(09-21-2011, 04:37 PM)timoose Wrote: St. Pope Pius V gave dispensation to Spain, and all of her possessions,allowing them to eat fleshmeat on Fridays, until 1950. Even Texas, and New Mexico were involved. I'd have thought some onehere from Texas would've known.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-reli...9925/posts

tim

I never knew that ... was it common to abstain anyway?  I ask because in Medellin I came across something called "empanada de iglesia" ("Church empanada") which had potatoes but no meat, and I guessed it was for days of abstinence back when people followed them ...
I just remember my Sisters telling us the Spanish could eat meat on Friday. In those days I would have to take an Ocean Liner to get Spain, so I have no idea.
So, I looked and found that article.

tim
On my traditional calendar it says partial fast...meat at principle meal only. This is the calendar from the St. Benedict Center. Certainly not modernists.

(09-21-2011, 05:07 PM)Petertherock Wrote: On my traditional calendar it says partial fast...meat at principle meal only. This is the calendar from the St. Benedict Center. Certainly not modernists.

Based upon a dispensation given to the US ... as Someone already said ... modernist.