It's Ember Wenesday: Don't Eat Meat or More Than One Full Meal!
Peter, my Seraphim Calendar says the same and that's what I remember. Of course I'm past fasting.
tim
(09-21-2011, 02:50 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(09-21-2011, 02:48 PM)Adam_Michael Wrote: It has been about 11 days since my last confession. I figured since it was Ember Wednesday I would go to confession. I went to the Priest where I work. I have never met him before. Anyways, when I mention Ember Wednesday to him he had no idea what I was talking about.

Perhaps that's a sign you shouldn't go to that priest again.

I would say it's a definite sign! They still exist in the NO and a priest has never heard of them! Give me a break!
(09-21-2011, 05:09 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote:
(09-21-2011, 05:07 PM)Petertherock Wrote: On my traditional calendar it says partial fast...meat at principle meal only. This is the calendar from the St. Benedict Center. Certainly not modernists.

Based upon a dispensation given to the US ... as Someone already said ... modernist.

LOL

This is the first time that we have kept the Ember Days -- I'd heard of them but never noticed when one was coming before I figured it out in the Missal this Sunday.  So I think we are going for partial, in part because of already purchased meat, and in part to ease ourselves into it -- and because we are in the US and the dispensation does apply.  In advent, though, I hope to go whole hog and do abstinence -- esp in Lent since we do partial abstinence and fasting on all but Sundays (well and Fridays, where it's full).
(09-21-2011, 03:29 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote:
(09-21-2011, 03:27 PM)Lydia Grace Wrote:
(09-21-2011, 03:26 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote:
(09-21-2011, 12:45 AM)Lydia Grace Wrote: Si, quiero una galleta de Maria :) Es la mas saboroso del mundo.

Are you sure you are Mexican?  :laughing:

>:( Es que tengo un mobil y no puedo tipar perfectamente.  :P

Bueno, le perdono ... todos cometemos errores de vez en cuando  :)

Claro, claro ;) Pero ya sabes que todo es chiste, no? Soy Americana, y no tengo movil con aseso al internet. Lol Reir con Ganas.
(09-21-2011, 02:48 PM)Adam_Michael Wrote: It has been about 11 days since my last confession. I figured since it was Ember Wednesday I would go to confession. I went to the Priest where I work. I have never met him before. Anyways, when I mention Ember Wednesday to him he had no idea what I was talking about.

Sounds about right to me. Ask him about sin. Does he know anything about that? hell?
Well, I fasted completely. Nothing but liquid from midnight to midnight (I'm eating now, 00h09). Don't think I'll be able to do a repeat for Friday and Saturday tho'. I'll have to east something during that 48 hours.
(09-21-2011, 07:50 PM)Lydia Grace Wrote: Claro, claro ;) Pero ya sabes que todo es chiste, no? Soy Americana, y no tengo movil con aseso al internet. Lol Reir con Ganas.

I gathered as much, especially from Louis's comment  :P.

(09-21-2011, 04:37 PM)timoose Wrote: St. Pope Pius V gave dispensation to Spain, and all of her possessions,allowing them to eat fleshmeat on Fridays, until 1950. Even Texas, and New Mexico were involved. I'd have thought some onehere from Texas would've known.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-reli...9925/posts

tim

I had no idea. That's amazing to know, though.
Lenty, Penty, Crucy, Lucy

that's a great way to remember them  ;D