Another video of Fr. Barron: Good atheists can be saved. Vatican II told us so.
(09-20-2011, 10:49 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
Hebrews 11:6 Wrote:"But without faith it is impossible to please God."
Romans 10:8-10 Wrote:"But what saith the scripture? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart. This is the word of faith, which we preach. For if thou confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him up from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For, with the heart, we believe unto justice; but, with the mouth, confession is made unto salvation."

No-one can be saved without belief in the divinity of Christ and in the Holy Trinity, not to mention sorrow for one's sins.

And certainly no-once can be saved without knowing it, that is, in ignorance.

John 6:54-55 Wrote:Then Jesus said to them: Amen, amen I say unto you: Except you eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you. [55] He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath everlasting life: and I will raise him up in the last day.
Apocalypse 3:16 Wrote:But because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold, not hot, I will begin to vomit thee out of my mouth.
Matthew 19:24 Wrote:And again I say to you: It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Mark 13:10 Wrote:And unto all nations the gospel must first be preached.

There seems to be all kinds of them that not only contradict Fr. Barron but also Archbishop Lefebvre.  If that is in fact a quote by Archbishop Lefebvre that Someone1776 posted.  God is the only one that does the judging.  So aren't priests or even archbishops overstepping their authority to make these judgements?  What did the martyrs die for if all of this really doesn't matter?

I don't get it.  Can someone explain it to this dummy, me, please?  Are they some how getting these ideas from the Bible?  ???

Messages In This Thread
Re: Another video of Fr. Barron: Good atheists can be saved. Vatican II told us so. - by mikemac - 09-21-2011, 02:16 AM