Another video of Fr. Barron: Good atheists can be saved. Vatican II told us so.
This would however put the vast majority of humans who ever lived into Hello or limbo. The problem for me with this is simple. I know a lot of people who are poor, not particularly intelligent, confused by religion, taken in by different arguments because they don't have the intelligence to understand them. And yet they are very Charitable. They are like the Good Samaritan who was neither a Christian or a faithful Jew. So what happened to him? If the Samaritan is burning in Hell now then what was the point of the story?

I also know some Traditionalist Catholics and Novus Ordo types who are very uncharitable, very interested in material possesions and who don't seem to be troubled at the notion that their nice, decent neighbour, policeman, greengrocer, fireman who live morally far better than average lives are going to burn in Hell for all eternity.

That bothers me. For one thing I like these people. And for another I am far from sure how I would love a God whom damned these people to Hell for all eternity. It makes salvation a lottery and pretty much dams every pre-christian society.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Another video of Fr. Barron: Good atheists can be saved. Vatican II told us so. - by ggreg - 09-25-2011, 03:25 AM