Another video of Fr. Barron: Good atheists can be saved. Vatican II told us so.
(09-25-2011, 01:53 PM)mikemac Wrote: Dominus Iesus, published on August 6, 2000 states that people outside of Christianity are "in a gravely deficient situation in comparison with those who, in the Church, have the fullness of the means of salvation", and that non-Catholic Christian communities had "defects."  Cardinal Kasper was critical of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith document Dominus Iesus, which he believed was an offense to the Jewish people.

I'm going to have to read Dominus Iesus cause it was written because of the ambiguous and numerous interpretations that have arisen from the Second Vatican Council documents.  Does invincibly ignorant mean the same as baptism by desire?  To me they seem similar.  The reason why I ask is because Archbishop Lefebvre recognized and wrote about baptism by desire.  Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's also part of the Council of Trent too, isn't it?  Don't jump on me for this because I'm just wondering if the Second Vatican Council documents weren't as bad as what we think but had some terrible interpretations?  Is that possible?  It seems like people like Cardinal Kasper went way off base with what he wrote.  Anyway I'm going to post Dominus Iesus here and come back and read it tomorrow.  It bears the signature of both Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger and Archbishop Tarcisio Bertone.
http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/congre...us_en.html       

Messages In This Thread
Re: Another video of Fr. Barron: Good atheists can be saved. Vatican II told us so. - by mikemac - 09-25-2011, 11:03 PM