Poll: How did B16 become Pope?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do You Think the Holy Ghost Chose Pope Benedict XVI....
(09-30-2011, 07:54 AM)INPEFESS Wrote: Nothing happens against the will of God. That said, I think that God permitted His election in accordance with His permissive will.

Nevertheless, I pray for him everyday and remember him in every one of my rosaries.

Everyone who is responsible for the salvation of so many souls needs an endless flow of prayers.

This is a very kind and wise post.
(09-30-2011, 12:49 AM)Stubborn Wrote: Well Dan hears HG all the time at SSPX chapels - which is a crock.

I stand by what I posted because it is as simple as that.
Interesting you go to my SSPX chapel Stubborn.
I have never met you there, but next time I am there for Mass is October 9 at 5pm.
I hope to meet you there and we will talk after Mass.
To recognize me I sit in the front left row with my wife and I have a shaved head and a beard.
Since you know what the SSPX says in his sermons I am sure you are there and I will meet you, unless you are unable to make it that Sunday and I will see you another day.

(09-21-2011, 10:25 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Because it's one of those rare places where open and frank discussion of religious topics is allowed, if we overlook the ban on sedevacantism. Furthermore, there are still some fine Catholics around, although the place has been flooded by a brand of neo-catholicism (or "conservative catholicism") for a couple of years now.

This.
(09-21-2011, 10:29 PM)dan hunter Wrote:
(09-21-2011, 10:25 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Because it's one of those rare places where open and frank discussion of religious topics is allowed, if we overlook the ban on sedevacantism. Furthermore, there are still some fine Catholics around, although the place has been flooded by a brand of neo-catholicism (or "conservative catholicism") for a couple of years now.

There is no such thing as the labels you mention.
There are only Catholics and non-Catholics.

Not this.
(09-30-2011, 02:02 PM)vakarian Wrote:
(09-21-2011, 10:29 PM)dan hunter Wrote:

There is no such thing as the labels you mention.
There are only Catholics and non-Catholics.
If one is Catholic one believes everything that the Church proposes for belief.
Otherwise one is not Catholic. Its as simple as that.

Not this.
(09-30-2011, 11:48 AM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(09-30-2011, 07:54 AM)INPEFESS Wrote: Nothing happens against the will of God. That said, I think that God permitted His election in accordance with His permissive will.

Nevertheless, I pray for him everyday and remember him in every one of my rosaries.

Everyone who is responsible for the salvation of so many souls needs an endless flow of prayers.

This is a very kind and wise post.

Thank you.
No, I do not.
I think that it is Jesus' Church and the gates of Hell will not prevail against it. The Church may be going through a rough spot now but I think that ultimately it is Jesus' Church and he won't let it fail. He wouldn't let a Pope be elected by man, even if it were a "human conspiracy" it's Jesus' Church so he still gets the Pope he wants.
(10-02-2011, 05:30 PM)paul11b Wrote: I think that it is Jesus' Church and the gates of Hell will not prevail against it. The Church may be going through a rough spot now but I think that ultimately it is Jesus' Church and he won't let it fail. He wouldn't let a Pope be elected by man, even if it were a "human conspiracy" it's Jesus' Church so he still gets the Pope he wants.

So Jesus wants bad popes, adulterous popes, heretical popes?

Judging by the history of the papacy, there have been a few.
(10-02-2011, 06:58 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(10-02-2011, 05:30 PM)paul11b Wrote: I think that it is Jesus' Church and the gates of Hell will not prevail against it. The Church may be going through a rough spot now but I think that ultimately it is Jesus' Church and he won't let it fail. He wouldn't let a Pope be elected by man, even if it were a "human conspiracy" it's Jesus' Church so he still gets the Pope he wants.

So Jesus wants bad popes, adulterous popes, heretical popes?

Judging by the history of the papacy, there have been a few.
I don't know what Jesus wants but I know it's His Church and the gates of Hell won't prevail against it. I also know that Jesus works in mysterious ways, I wouldn't want to say why Jesus allows the things that he does.