Poll: How did B16 become Pope?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do You Think the Holy Ghost Chose Pope Benedict XVI....
(10-03-2011, 08:20 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(10-02-2011, 07:17 PM)paul11b Wrote:
(10-02-2011, 06:58 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(10-02-2011, 05:30 PM)paul11b Wrote: I think that it is Jesus' Church and the gates of Hell will not prevail against it. The Church may be going through a rough spot now but I think that ultimately it is Jesus' Church and he won't let it fail. He wouldn't let a Pope be elected by man, even if it were a "human conspiracy" it's Jesus' Church so he still gets the Pope he wants.

So Jesus wants bad popes, adulterous popes, heretical popes?

Judging by the history of the papacy, there have been a few.

I don't know what Jesus wants but I know it's His Church and the gates of Hell won't prevail against it. I also know tat Jesus works in mysterious ways, I wouldn't want to say why Jesus allows the things that he does.

That's not what you said in the previous post.

You said that Jesus "wouldn't let a Pope be elected by man, even if it were a "human conspiracy" it's Jesus' Church so he still gets the Pope he wants," thus implying that you know what Jesus positively wants and that He positively elects bad popes.

I know that God allows evil and obviously God allows the college of cardinals to elect bad popes.

I think it is at least thinkable that God positively elects all Popes. Didn't Jesus positively  choose Judas as one of his special friends, but then just allow him to be bad?  Choosing a man doesn't mean choosing his evil. Choosing a bad Pope works ultimately to the greater glory of God, since God works good out of evil. Still we have to recognize the evil, in the man or coming from him., or even from the human instruments who elected him.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Do You Think the Holy Ghost Chose Pope Benedict XVI.... - by Doce Me - 10-03-2011, 05:03 PM