How to thank a saint?
(09-22-2011, 04:58 PM)knittycat Wrote: This month has been a financial disaster for me. I've spent the last several days (ever since my car battery died and I had to spend my grocery money on a new one) praying to St. Joseph and the Infant of Prague. Since Monday I've had a prayer in my heart, if it wasn't actually on my lips, and it was often on my lips. (Although sometimes it was less praying and more tearful begging) Today, an unexpected refund showed up in my mail box.  I'd actually been praying for my VA check, but I got a refund check from the college instead.
So, now that I'm able to buy groceries, gas, and pay a couple of overdue bills, how do I thank them? Praying thank you and then skipping on my merry way seems shallow.  Since I'm in a financial bind, monetary donations are kind of out. I'm going to school full time, and mom-ing and wife-ing full time, so I don't have much time to donate either.

Cool.  Saint Therese of Lisieux, the Little Flower's feast day is on Oct. 1st.  A nine day novena to the Little Flower that would end on her feast day would start tomorrow.
(09-22-2011, 09:06 PM)Resurrexi Wrote: I would thank God for granting the prayer through the saint's intercession.
Well yes of course! But I want to thank the saint for pleading my case as well!
In most dioceses the 'expected' stipend for a Mass is $5.00. Promise them that when you can afford it, you will have Mass said in their honour.
I once heard hearing a Mass for them was the best.