What Pope Benedict really said about Eucharistic adoration
As I said, Ggreg, if you want to discuss other quotations which are irrelevant to Pope Benedict's views on Eucharistic adoration, start threads for them.

The quotation you posted regarding Eucharistic adoration was either an incompetent or a malicious translation of the German. If you don't trust a respected academic publisher's translation, and you don't trust my vouching for the content of the German, find someone else who can read German and ask them. I hear Bishop Williamson's is pretty good.
Why would I trust you?  You not even attempting the justify or defend the statements I just posted.  Because you know you cannot without looking silly.  You can't make a clear contradiction look like it is not one.

You'll defend the Pope at all costs.  That much is obvious.

You're no more out to seek the truth than OJ Simpson's lawyer was.
(09-22-2011, 06:52 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: I don't have much of an opinion either way, but it seems like every time he seems to "step in the right direction" he goes off and prays with protestants or invites bon jovi to perform the halftime show at mass.

I don't know what to make of that.  Except that it doesn't make any sense.  

It makes PLENTY of sense.  It is just an uncomfortable truth.

I remember my mother who was a die-hard traditionalist who absolutely loved Archbishop Lefebvre.  When JP2 was elected for a few years she was really excited.  She had a picture of him hanging on our dining room wall.  Here was a young Polish Pope, dynamic, gutsy.  He knew what communism was.  He would kick arse in the Church and get rid of these modernists and Marxists who had taken over.

Then 25 years happened.

Luckily for her she died in 1986 with a broken heart.  She would not have enjoyed the last quarter century.
As I said, if you want to discuss them, start new threads, choosing the ones you consider most damning. I'm not interested in having this one turn into some kind of Ratzinger misquotation Olympics, with you pasting dozens of passages you don't understand from books you've likely never read. It's a waste of your time, a waste of  my time, and will be very hard to follow for anyone trying to read along.
Card. Ratzinger on Eucharistic adoration Wrote:God is near. God knows us. God is waiting for us in Jesus Christ in the Blessed Sacrament. Let us not leave him waiting in vain! Let us not, through distraction and lethargy, pass by the greatest and most important thing life offers us. We should let ourselves be reminded, by today's reading, of the wonderful mystery kept close within the walls of our churches. Let us not pass it heedlessly by. Let us take time, in the course of the week, in passing, to go in and spend a moment with the Lord who is so near. During the day our churches should not be allowed to be dead houses, standing empty and seemingly useless. Jesus Christ's invitation is always being proffered from them. This sacred proximity to us is always alive in them. It is always calling us and inviting us in. This is what is lovely about Catholic churches, that within them there is, as it were, always worship, because the eucharistic presence of the Lord dwells always within them. (Ratzinger, God is Near Us [San Francisco, CA: Ignatius Press, 2003], p. 103)

Pope or Heretic? An Evaluation of Benedict XVI
link
No, you're simply interested in pressing your point home that it was a mistranslation.  The vast majority of posters don't speak German, so how can we know.  That is just your opinion.

And what does it matter?  We can be certain that his views on the Eucharist are not 100% Orthodox because we all saw him give communion to a Protestant.

If Benedict XVI fully adheres to the beliefs of a Traditional Catholic then we have nothing to worry about.  But clearly he does not.  We all know that.  +Fellay knows that. +Lefebvre knew that.  The person writing the doctrinal preamble knows that too or there would not be a Doctrinal Preamble.

The fact is that B16 has not been any friend of Tradition.  He's a caretaker Pope who is giving slightly less scandal than the last chap.

The title of this thread contains the word REALLY.  Well what did he REALLY say?  Based on his twisted views about other truths, I tend to think that the negative view is closer to the truth than the positive one.  But even if he is 80% of the way towards your view, that is still pretty fucked up, considering he is the Pope.

One can legitimately ask, nowadays, is the Pope a Catholic?

Quite a change.
(09-22-2011, 07:23 PM)Marc Wrote:
Card. Ratzinger on Eucharistic adoration Wrote:God is near. God knows us. God is waiting for us in Jesus Christ in the Blessed Sacrament. Let us not leave him waiting in vain! Let us not, through distraction and lethargy, pass by the greatest and most important thing life offers us. We should let ourselves be reminded, by today's reading, of the wonderful mystery kept close within the walls of our churches. Let us not pass it heedlessly by. Let us take time, in the course of the week, in passing, to go in and spend a moment with the Lord who is so near. During the day our churches should not be allowed to be dead houses, standing empty and seemingly useless. Jesus Christ's invitation is always being proffered from them. This sacred proximity to us is always alive in them. It is always calling us and inviting us in. This is what is lovely about Catholic churches, that within them there is, as it were, always worship, because the eucharistic presence of the Lord dwells always within them. (Ratzinger, God is Near Us [San Francisco, CA: Ignatius Press, 2003], p. 103)

Pope or Heretic? An Evaluation of Benedict XVI
link

The Hegelian mind at work.  You could almost write a Mr. Man story about B16

[Image: muddled.jpg]
Even has the same hat.

[Image: pope_redhat.jpg]
LOL
Don't laugh DK.  Watch this.  It is truly prophetic. I just guessed at Mr Muddle, but the story is a close match.

They go fishing and don't catch any fish.

The "solution" is for everyone else to talk nonsense so they can all "understand" and get along

Like ecumenism.

I think the Holy Ghost must have been whispering in Roger Hargreaves ear.