What Pope Benedict really said about Eucharistic adoration
(09-22-2011, 05:23 PM)archdiocesan Wrote: With regard to meaningfulness, Eucharistic adoration, or silent visits ot the Eucharist in Church, cannot just be a conversation with the God thought to be present in a locally circumscribed way. Statements like 'God lives here', and conversations with the God thought to be locally present on the basis of such statements, express a disregard, for both the Christological mystery and the concept of God, that is off-putting to thinking people who know about God's omnipresence. If one were to justify going to church by arguing that one ought to visit the God who is present only there, then this would indeed be an argument that made no sense and that would be rightly rejected by modern man.

I guess it's possible it's an accident that the sedevacantist version casts Ratzinger in a heretical light, while the T&T Clark version doesn't, but I doubt it. In the rest of the text, the young Ratzinger goes on to explain how the practise of Eucharistic adoration must be related to the mystery of the Eucharist in the life of the Church, and God's relationship with humanity. To attempt to paint this piece of writing as an attack on Eucharistic adoration is slanderous.

[Image: sbce3.jpg]

That is the correct translation. The first quote/'translation' provided in the OP is clearly a deliberate mistranslation which omits important parts of the text. The sedevecantist version is no accident. Sedes have done this before. I've argued about this on this forum before. It's intellectual dishonesty, and slander, and they just don't seem to mind.

Messages In This Thread
Re: What Pope Benedict really said about Eucharistic adoration - by Raskolnikov - 09-22-2011, 09:07 PM