What Pope Benedict really said about Eucharistic adoration
(09-23-2011, 05:57 AM)archdiocesan Wrote: The scan is indeed from NOW. I'm willing to take for granted that Derksen isn't quite sad enough to forge a scan of the original, and it's on ImageShack because hotlinking tends to annoy website hosts. The fact that Derksen's site provides the German doesn't detract from the fact that the dishonest translation is used on such websites as Holywar, The-Pope, TheCatholicFaith, CathInfo, CMRI, OpusDeiAlert, DailyCatholic, TraditionInAction, etc. etc. as well as featuring in Rama P. Coomaraswamy's book The Destruction of the Christian Tradition.

Still, if you think it's somehow damning that I've used one sedevacantist website's scans to demonstrate the dishonesty of the quotation used by other sedevacantist websites, as well as at least one poster here, then  :laughing: indeed!

But there's just "one more thing."  You had to grab the image from a sedevacantist website that has a pefectly credible translation.  But then you had to 'track down" a good translation. 

And then you post "I trust academic publishers more than demented websites, yes. As it is, I've posted the German, and those who can read it will be able to verify for themselves that the T&T Clark translation is accurate, while the sedevacantist one is not."

It seems you do trust "demented websites" as well as academic websites.  The problem is you don't acknowledge until caught that you do trust "demented websites" and you refuse to give them credit for providing literal translations. 

If anything, the sedevacantist website was more thorough than the ratzinger reader in which you have to trust that they translated correctly, while on Mario's site, he leaves no room for doubt. 

Messages In This Thread
Re: What Pope Benedict really said about Eucharistic adoration - by Gerard - 09-23-2011, 12:01 PM