What Pope Benedict really said about Eucharistic adoration
In post #53 Dominus est said Good point. in response to my post #49.  Dominus also included a picture of a parish (diocesan) schedule board that included times for the TLM and that they had perpetual adoration.

ggreg replied (post #57) stupid point

NO, it is a good point, ggreg just doesn’t like it because it doesn’t fit his preconceived prejudices.

(09-23-2011, 04:44 AM)ggreg Wrote: For one thing, Parish priests in diocesan churches often live on the same site as the Church and can therefore provide security.  Non-diocesan rarely live next to the Church of Chapel.

For another thing, here in the UK, I've NEVER come across a diocesan church that is not locked in the evening.  Maybe in America things are different, but in the parts of the world I inhabit Churches are generally locked in the evening.

often is not the same as always.  Of the traditionalist parishes I am aware of in my part of the world: Mount St. Michael’s Spokane, WA (CMRI – 4 priests), Our Lady of Guadalupe Spokane, WA (independent – 1 priest), and Immaculate Conception (SSPX Post Falls, ID, a priory) the priests are in residence adjacent to the church.  There is also Fr. Cekada (who posts here) at St. Gertrude the Great in Ohio (independent) where 4 priests are listed as in residence … so there.

It is true that many priests serving [i]traditionalist[i] congregations run a circuit, but the same is true of diocesan priests in almost all rural areas of the western United States, and I would suppose in other rural areas of the world also.

If you live in a large urban area I’m not surprised that the churches have to be locked in the evening (in my youth in the 1950’s churches were never locked).  Urban churches are locked in the United States.  My parish is in a small university town (Pullman, WA, pop. 34k).  The priest does not live adjacent to it but a few blocks away, yet it is never locked.  If you would venture out into the UK country side you may encounter the same phenomena.

(09-23-2011, 04:44 AM)ggreg Wrote: A better litmus is to sit in each church on a Sunday and see how many people genuflect before the tabernacle when they arrive and before they leave.

Or look at how they receive communion and their demeanour while they are doing it. 

Trads then win hands down.

I do not doubt for a minute that trads as a group demonstrate a greater understanding and appreciation of the Real Presence and do so by their demeanor and posture of devotion.  I’ve never said otherwise.  Still in my experience almost everyone entering a diocesan parish genuflects, whether the Blessed Sacrament is present or not.  And, there are still more (on a per capita basis, not a numerical one) diocesan parishes with weekly or perpetual adoration than traditionalist parishes).

(09-23-2011, 04:44 AM)ggreg Wrote: Besides, per capita, I would BET you $1000 that Trads and SVs have had more Benediction and Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament over the last 40 years than diocesan Catholics.  And their attendance rate per capita would be WAY WAY WAY higher.

Diluted out over the past 40 years I will grant you this point.  Over the past decade I won’t (unless you can provide some verifiable, accurate numerical data).  What I see happening from our newly ordained priests and from organizations such as http://www.therealpresence.org demonstrates a very different reality than what you are attempting to portray.

Messages In This Thread
Re: What Pope Benedict really said about Eucharistic adoration - by moneil - 09-23-2011, 12:16 PM