Possessed Priest and Valid Sacraments
(09-26-2011, 09:16 PM)Melkite Wrote:
(09-26-2011, 08:57 PM)K3vinhood Wrote:
(09-26-2011, 08:50 PM)Melkite Wrote: I know, that's what I'm saying!  If God won't save a baby who is the victim of abortion without baptism, why would he save someone who thinks he is baptized but wasn't because a possessed priest baptized him invalidly?  We Catholics are dogmatically bound to profess faith in a fickle God on this matter.

Fickle God?

If one does not get baptized, he is not reborn, thus he is dead to God.

If the trinitarian formula and water are used, the baptism is valid.

It doesn't matter what the priests status is (at least I don't think it does), laypeople can even Baptize in emergency situations.

Exactly, a fickle God.  One who is so compassionate and merciful that he sent his only Son to die for our sins so we wouldn't have to die in them, as long as we are baptized, even though we continue to sin repeatedly repeatedly repeatedly, wallowing around in our own muck for decades, and he continually offers to pull us out and wash us off and save us, yet he spares not one iota of mercy for an infant who dies without baptism, who is not guilty of willfully rolling around in the muck but is solely the tragic victim of being conceived into a fallen state over which they had no choice in the matter.  Yes, that meets the definition of pretty damn fickle.

Isn't the church's stance on babies who die without baptism pretty much non existent?  Limbo is just an opinion, right?  So really it's EENS vs God's mercy...
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.

Messages In This Thread
Possessed Priest and Valid Sacraments - by Jesse - 09-24-2011, 02:57 PM
Re: Possessed Priest and Valid Sacraments - by Mithrandylan - 09-26-2011, 09:28 PM