Possessed Priest and Valid Sacraments
(09-27-2011, 02:29 AM)K3vinhood Wrote:
(09-27-2011, 02:23 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: Kevin, then what makes you think He was kidding in the other thread where He says that sins against the Holy Ghost cannot be forgiven? 

When do we decide when God is kidding or not?

The quote was expanded upon in that thread, no saint that I know of has ever said there are sins which one can commit, seek true forgiveness for, and be denied forgiveness. Church teaching clearly says one can be forgiven of any sin he is sorry for. Let's keep that discussion in that thread, but Christ certainly wasn't kidding around there either.

Baptism is required for salvation according to Christ himself, if there's any evidence to the contrary then it can be debated, but I certainly don't see anything anywhere which allows for the unbaptized to enter heaven.

Once again:
St. Augustine (On the Soul, Book III) Wrote:If you wish to be a Catholic, do not believe, nor say, nor teach, that infants who die before baptism can obtain the remission of original sin.

I'll move this to the other tread.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.

Messages In This Thread
Possessed Priest and Valid Sacraments - by Jesse - 09-24-2011, 02:57 PM
Re: Possessed Priest and Valid Sacraments - by Mithrandylan - 09-27-2011, 04:10 PM