The music from Pope Benedict's Berlin Mass
Fr Z has put together a compilation of these timeless classics. Since I know there were a number of fans here, I thought I'd share:

Why would they have Jazz at a Mass? "Jass" has etymological and cultural roots in whorehouses of New Orleans...

I think this disgusting display is pretty much the definition of the Spirit of Vatican II. How Benedict XVI could write such a book as "The Spirit of the Liturgy", and then accept all the crap he accepts, is very dubious to me. :( Here I was thinking I'd be entering a society of Christian joy, spirit, penance, mercy, justice, and honour, not a conversion into proximate occasions of sin every Sunday in summer, and historically-suggestive sexual music. Sometimes, deep in my heart, I feel this conversion was utterly pointless... but then I remember the efficacy of the sacraments guaranteed by our Lord to properly-ordained priests, however wicked.

THERE ARE LITERALLY DAYS AND DAYS WORTH OF SACRED MUSIC TO CHOOSE FROM. Even heretical Händel and schismatic Bach would be better in comparison! Ugh! The soundtrack to Elder Scrolls IV sounds more sacred and mystical than this.
Since it starts out with applause, whistles, and hooting, all I could stand was to buzz through it for couple minutes. I stopped at a saxaphone, buzzed ahead again and found an electric guitar  ::) Never mind...
Awful.  Just awful.
(09-25-2011, 03:07 PM)Laetare Wrote: Why would they have Jazz at a Mass? "Jass" has etymological and cultural roots in whorehouses of New Orleans...

I think this disgusting display is pretty much the definition of the Spirit of Vatican II. How Benedict XVI could write such a book as "The Spirit of the Liturgy", and then accept all the crap he accepts, is very dubious to me. :( Here I was thinking I'd be entering a society of Christian joy, spirit, penance, mercy, justice, and honour, not a conversion into proximate occasions of sin every Sunday in summer, and historically-suggestive sexual music. Sometimes, deep in my heart, I feel this conversion was utterly pointless... but then I remember the efficacy of the sacraments guaranteed by our Lord to properly-ordained priests, however wicked.

THERE ARE LITERALLY DAYS AND DAYS WORTH OF SACRED MUSIC TO CHOOSE FROM. Even heretical Händel and schismatic Bach would be better in comparison! Ugh! The soundtrack to Elder Scrolls IV sounds more sacred and mystical than this.

The sentiment you've expressed regarding the effect of the novel program of reforms on your soul is not a sentiment one feels apart from the Novus Ordo. Avoid it all costs. It is dangerous to the faith, as this great apostasy shows.

Apart from the fruits of aggiornamento, there is a society of Christian joy, spirit, penance, mercy, justice, and honour. Seek it at all costs.
ArchD takes a delight in pissing on peoples sorrow at the sorry state of the Church. He thinks he will either drive us to despair or to capitulate and join his religion of worshipping his pope who can do no wrong.  Strange how he believes in religious liberty but cannot find a bunch of Jews or Mohammedans to convert.  He has to come here to convince people who have explicitly rejected the bullshit he supports. 
(09-25-2011, 03:07 PM)Laetare Wrote: The soundtrack to Elder Scrolls IV sounds more sacred and mystical than this.

The Oblivion soundtrack is musical gold.

I do like jazz, though. Just.... not in church.
(09-26-2011, 03:36 AM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
(09-25-2011, 03:07 PM)Laetare Wrote: The soundtrack to Elder Scrolls IV sounds more sacred and mystical than this.

The Oblivion soundtrack is musical gold.

I do like jazz, though. Just.... not in church.

Exactly, and I like Billy Joel....All this stuff obviously doesn't belong in the church, so by Benedict XVI putting up with it just puts him another step back!!!  You have seen nothing yet, just wait until next month!!!  >:(
That's some heavy aggiornamento.