Body language and facial expressions of our priest at mass today.
I liked your description.

Yes, I've seen priests celebrate the Novus Ordo Mass with that kind of gravitas, but it's very rare.
My first TLM was in the crowded historic chapel at Mission San Juan Capistrano.  There was no seating left inside the Church, so my friend and I were kneeling on the cold stone outside, looking in through a side door, right at the altar.  And I could see Father, and how focused he was, and how holy he was -- and I fell in love with the TLM in that moment and never looked back.
We currently have a priest from a religious order who celebrates the local diocesan TLM, and he does so verrrry deliberately, which also means quite slowly. It's certainly much better than going too fast and slurring words, but I prefer it when a priest celebrates Mass at a brisk pace. I think all the liturgical authors would agree.
Yes. And his voice changed during the Consecration to a tone that I never heard him use otherwise. It was that way every time he said Mass.
(09-26-2011, 08:56 AM)Deidre Wrote: Yes. And his voice changed during the Consecration to a tone that I never heard him use otherwise. It was that way every time he said Mass.

Same with mine.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
I have never seen priests faces who offer the Mass Ad Orientem, but I have seen several priests offering the NO Mass with extremely focused expressions, or lack of expressions on their face, and they never look at the congregation at all during the Mass,