Shunning the pope, or just an akward scene?
A friend of mine sent this video to me earlier today. I couldn't find it on youtube, so I uploaded it in order to share it more freely. Apparently it was pulled from the TV broadcast because it was "too embarrassing." Watch as they shake hands with and smile at the Prime Minister, but barely even look at the Holy Father.

God bless and protect our Holy Father Benedict XVI.
Yikes.

If you're going to act that way, have the brains to just not show up.  Wow.
That.. is absolutely.. disgusting does not describe it!  And the Holy Father!  He had his arm out the whole time!  It's heartbreaking how alone he looks and this secular PM is being greeting like an old bosom buddy by these bishops!  And they snub the Holy Father?

Everyone of them that refused, who even stepped back, should be removed from their bishoprics and consigned to a very long stay in a monastery with some good traditional Brothers to.. "take care" of them.  If I was a German Catholic I would pack up and simply leave the dioceses of these.. these.. argh!

Edit: No!  Better idea!  Every single one of them that snubbed him should be commanded to fucking crawl to Canossa on their hands and knees dressed in sackclothes!
This really is sad... I'll prayer for them to have a change of heart.

Edit: :pray:
Pray for our poor Pope.

(09-26-2011, 06:44 AM)Peter Gabriel Wrote: Pray for our poor Pope.

Amen. 

:pray2: :pray2: :pray2:

And a Pope from their own country, too.  They should be PROUD of such a thing. :(
He's not being shunned. He's introducing them to the German President. A couple of prelates took advantage of his gesture towards them in order to sneak a handshake with him, but no shunning going on! If you watch the footage from which this was extracted, you'll see that the president then did the same with his ministers, gesturing with his hand towards them while the pope shook their hands.
(09-26-2011, 06:51 AM)OCLittleFlower Wrote:
(09-26-2011, 06:44 AM)Peter Gabriel Wrote: Pray for our poor Pope.

Amen. 

:pray2: :pray2: :pray2:

And a Pope from their own country, too.  They should be PROUD of such a thing. :(

Despite what many people on this forum say, the Pope is quite a serious opponent of the modernists and liberal heretics in the Church heirarchy (and Germany is infested with them). He represents the biggest threat to their ideology and agenda in over 50 years. They feel threatened by him and see him as a traditionalist who wants to undo the reforms of VII. I've heard plenty of liberals (and ordinary lukewarm Novus Ordo 'Catholics') say this sort of thing. He might not be up to Fish Eaters' standards, and he might not be as aggressive or radical as we want, but he's on our side, and the liberal bishops absolutely hate that fact.
(09-26-2011, 07:02 AM)archdiocesan Wrote: He's not being shunned. He's introducing them to the German President. A couple of prelates took advantage of his gesture towards them in order to sneak a handshake with him, but no shunning going on! If you watch the footage from which this was extracted, you'll see that the president then did the same with his ministers, gesturing with his hand towards them while the pope shook their hands.

I hope you're right, because what appears to be happening in the video is shocking. Do you have a link to the full video?
HERE. Watch from five minutes in. I got it the wrong way round - the president does his introductions first.