Shunning the pope, or just an akward scene?
(09-26-2011, 11:05 AM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(09-26-2011, 11:02 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Archdiocesan is right. The Pope is not being shunned, the video is misleading.

Agreed.

New topic: Is it appropriate for the Pope to shake anyone's hand?

No.  And even if he wasn't snubbed, this is too informal and it shouldn't look like that.  The Pope shouldn't do introductions.

And the bishops, even if they know him well, or don't, at a formal event like this ... well either the Pope should be seated or they should kiss his ring as he walks by.
These Bishops are more interested in politics than the Faith that's why
Exactly, introductions are for his no.1, not him. He is Pontifex Maximus. Show respect, please.

tim
The first video is an example of how we should get all the facts and take things in their proper context.
At about 3 minutes into the second video he greets the HF as he exits the car.
(09-26-2011, 01:02 PM)salus Wrote: These Bishops are more interested in politics than the Faith...

That very much sums up the present situation actually.
When it comes to public rituals and protocol, the Pope should not appear to be an equal to anyone in the world. 

There is only one office in the world specifically created by God Himself.

The fact that there is this confusion by observers shows the confusion of the modern prelates in understanding the simple facts of the papacy and its prerogatives.
I agree.  Doing introductions is not or should not be in the Pope's remit.
I thought greeting the pope involved kissing his feet.
(09-26-2011, 02:29 PM)DeoDuce Wrote: I thought greeting the pope involved kissing his feet.
Or at least his ring.
(09-26-2011, 02:57 PM)dan hunter Wrote:
(09-26-2011, 02:29 PM)DeoDuce Wrote: I thought greeting the pope involved kissing his feet.
Or at least his ring.

I like your new avatar.