Non-Roman Catholic faiths and Same Sex Marriage
(09-26-2011, 05:43 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(09-26-2011, 05:40 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote:
(09-26-2011, 05:36 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: I think he's asking what we can do to "square away" our differences in the area of sodomy.

In the spirit of ecumenism, of course.

Well in that case!

Sodomy is wrong.  This is known from the natural law, and is confirmed by the teaching of the Church as well.

Do you have specific questions about why the Church teaches this?  We will be happy to answer them.

Make this man a bishop.

Not me  :o.  The Church is in enough trouble as it is!

And no married bishops!!
(09-26-2011, 05:45 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote:
(09-26-2011, 05:36 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: I think he's asking what we can do to "square away" our differences in the area of sodomy.

Well in that case!

Sodomy is wrong.  This is known from the natural law, and is confirmed by the teaching of the Church as well.

Do you have specific questions about why the Church teaches this?  We will be happy to answer them.

Make this man a bishop.

And no married bishops!!

That is why it must be you, Maximus.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(09-26-2011, 06:05 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:

Well in that case!

Make this man a bishop.

And no married bishops!!

LOL.

Though I might not make a good bishop, I do think I could nominate a few good priests, if the Holy Father would only listen ...
(09-26-2011, 06:22 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote:
(09-26-2011, 06:05 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:

Well in that case!

Make this man a bishop.

And no married bishops!!

LOL.

Though I might not make a good bishop, I do think I could nominate a few good priests, if the Holy Father would only listen ...

In Fr. Altiers fundamentals class, he talked about how when he was in the seminary that the best prospective priests all left and got married.

Go thy ways, old Jack;
(09-26-2011, 12:29 PM)AuberonDraenenWen Wrote: Split from here" http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...199.0.html

The discussion on DADT ending sparked things around to how other faiths treat homosexuality. As a member of the ADF and a Druid I have no issue with gay marriage and my Church is fine with it, obviously the RCC isn't so now we seem to talking about how this can be squared away.

You may be a neo-pagan but you are no druid.  The druids went extinct centuries ago because it was a lost cause leaving not enough information about it to continue or start up again later.  You are druid by name only.  And sodomy is a most grieves sin against God Almighty.  There, squared away.   
Auberon I think it would be a good idea to actually have this discussion, if even for an excercise in apologetics.  If you'd like to re-organize this thread with a thesis or even make a new thread (or even pm me) I'd absoltely get involved in the discussion.  As it stands, this thread isn't worth much of anything.  Maybe tell us why sodomy is alright and we can move from there as opposed to just "squaring it away."  I don't even know what that means.

Go thy ways, old Jack;
The whole idea of this thread is stupid.  You already know the Church's position on the matter, and no one else gives a shit about your druish "teachings" about it.
(09-26-2011, 09:35 PM)HotRod Wrote: The whole idea of this thread is stupid.  You already know the Church's position on the matter, and no one else gives a shit about your druish "teachings" about it.

I think you can say this and be more charitable without compromising

Go thy ways, old Jack;
(09-26-2011, 09:01 PM)mikemac Wrote: You may be a neo-pagan but you are no druid.  The druids went extinct centuries ago because it was a lost cause leaving not enough information about it to continue or start up again later.  You are druid by name only. 

Ah, c'mon, Mike! The Archlayman of Canterbury is a Druid. He's got the robes and everything. They must be real. Otherwise why would Williams want to be one when he can already pretend to be an Archbishop! :laughing:
Charity doesn't have to be all sunshine and rainbows.  The OP needs to know he is going to burn in hell for all eternity if he doesn't repent. In charity of course.  No one should be encouraging some kind of exchange of ideas like his position has any kind of legitimacy worth considering or discussing.

So, in charity, who gives a shit what a druid thinks about gay marriage?