Non-Roman Catholic faiths and Same Sex Marriage
(09-26-2011, 09:40 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(09-26-2011, 09:01 PM)mikemac Wrote: You may be a neo-pagan but you are no druid.  The druids went extinct centuries ago because it was a lost cause leaving not enough information about it to continue or start up again later.  You are druid by name only. 

Ah, c'mon, Mike! The Archlayman of Canterbury is a Druid. He's got the robes and everything. They must be real. Otherwise why would Williams want to be one when he can already pretend to be an Archbishop! :laughing:

"The Archlayman of Canterbury"  :laughing:
(09-26-2011, 09:43 PM)HotRod Wrote: Charity doesn't have to be all sunshine and rainbows.  The OP needs to know he is going to burn in hell for all eternity if he doesn't repent. In charity of course.  No one should be encouraging some kind of exchange of ideas like his position has any kind of legitimacy worth considering or discussing.

So, in charity, who gives a shit what a druid thinks about gay marriage?

Encouraging exchanges leads to the possibility to point out specific errors in logic/belief, which is a lot more likely to change someone’s mind than pushing them away.
(09-26-2011, 11:41 PM)kayla_veronica Wrote:
(09-26-2011, 09:43 PM)HotRod Wrote: Charity doesn't have to be all sunshine and rainbows.  The OP needs to know he is going to burn in hell for all eternity if he doesn't repent. In charity of course.  No one should be encouraging some kind of exchange of ideas like his position has any kind of legitimacy worth considering or discussing.

Encouraging exchanges leads to the possibility to point out specific errors in logic/belief, which is a lot more likely to change someone’s mind than pushing them away.

Exactly. 
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.

This is such a typical trad error.  Charity doesn't mean sunshine and rainbows.

But it does include "don't be an asshole when you can get a point across by not being an asshole." 

The OP is a non-Catholic posting about gay marriage ... he obviously is more interesting in engagement/discussion than some protestor.  So why do you want to but in with your harsh attitude when there are Catholics here willing to talk with him, without compromising?

If he does end up going to hell, do I want to be partially responsible for it?  At my judgement do I want to hear, "why did you push him away instead of talk and possibly faciliate his conversion?"
Hey guys am reading this but right now chasing down a job chance so yeah I really wanna stay on top of the getting back to work deal will respond ASAP
I'm wondering whether the charity that St. Nicholas showed at the Council of Nicea is a lost art.  Let's face it he was rewarded by both Our Lord and Our Lady.  Santa Clause is my new hero.
"Saint Nicholas Punches Heretics in the Face"
http://cantuar.blogspot.com/2010/12/sain...-face.html 
(09-27-2011, 09:37 AM)newyorkcatholic Wrote:

This is such a typical trad error.  Charity doesn't mean sunshine and rainbows.

But it does include "don't be an asshole when you can get a point across by not being an asshole." 

The OP is a non-Catholic posting about gay marriage ... he obviously is more interesting in engagement/discussion than some protestor.  So why do you want to but in with your harsh attitude when there are Catholics here willing to talk with him, without compromising?

If he does end up going to hell, do I want to be partially responsible for it?  At my judgement do I want to hear, "why did you push him away instead of talk and possibly faciliate his conversion?"

I'm not a trad, I'm just Catholic.  Tradition is implied in that label.  Charity may also require being an asshole when it is needed. 
You said when needed its okay to be an asshole but you were being like that as a first resort. How do,you know its needed if you didn't first,try the unassholish way?

Sorry bout all the commas iam writing,from my phone and,it hatws me  >:(
(09-27-2011, 12:50 PM)mikemac Wrote: I'm wondering whether the charity that St. Nicholas showed at the Council of Nicea is a lost art.  Let's face it he was rewarded by both Our Lord and Our Lady.  Santa Clause is my new hero.
"Saint Nicholas Punches Heretics in the Face"
http://cantuar.blogspot.com/2010/12/sain...-face.html 

Right, I'm sure there's no way you are using his example to justify a bad approach.  It couldn't be that he was holy and knew what he was doing and we are not so holy and should stick to being kind.
Sorry, but for some silly reason I find it hard to negotiate about same sex marriage.  Silly me.