Long Term Depression, Anxiety , Panic Attacks and Worry??
Also, go to www.audiosancto.org and type this word into the search box:

peace

Aural gold will then appear.
(09-26-2011, 03:03 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: how about riggin up some car batteries and niple clips for electric shock therapy on the cheap?
that may work
why not?

Believe it or not, I just saw Braveheart for the first time last night. When I saw the Irish guy who came to help, I said to myself, that's DK. That's a compliment, lad.

I think you have received some good advice here, Salus. If you seek professional help, try to find a Catholic. A friend of mine is a Catholic Psychiatrist. He treats everyone, but obviously there are things particular to the Catholic life that a non-Catholic might not understand who is treating you.

And pray for your persecutors and those who may be helping you feel anxiety and depression. Even if it seems like its the entire world.

Salus,

I’m with Jackson K. Eskew, don’t despair – there is a way out of this.  Do not underestimate what a good diet and exercise can do for you.

Thanks also, Jackson, for posting the information.  I will check it out.

I've been reading about the topic of anxiety/depression for years.  I also work for a mental health organization.  Our diet and exercise (or lack of) have HUGE consequences on mental health.  There are studies too numerous to mention here which makes an absolute connection between these things..  A Google search of exercise/nutrition/anxiety/depression) will reveal enough reading material to keep you busy for a while.

Another thing, in addition to a poor diet and lack of exercise (I’m not playing down these things because I think they are HUGE) in regard to mental health, which I believe contributed to my problem, was that I wasn’t at peace spiritually.  I left the NO in 1996 and have done a lot of internal suffering because I saw myself living as a Trad in a Church that, from my perspective, hates me.  It just seemed absurd to me to be assuming the role of a sheep looking toward a shepard for my survival when I was convinced that the shepard was really intent on destroying me.  In fact, I just stopped going to Mass for over a year because of the way my diocese handled (actually “didn’t handle” better describe it) Summorum Pontificum.   I almost, and maybe actually did, lose my faith for a while.  The health problems of a family member has sobered me up and forced me to deal with my spiritual issues which I had suppressed and buried in the recesses of my mind.  

We Trad’s have a lot of things we deal with which I believe can really influence our mental health.  When considering the seriousness of salvation along with issues like supplied jurisdiction, sede-ism, indults, hostile bishops, purposely missing NO Masses, defying authority, trying to make 2+2=5, becoming very cynical, continuity with the past,  and on, and on, and on, it’s a wonder we aren’t all depressed!  I’m not looking for a debate on these subjects.  I’m just acknowledging that regardless of the  stripe of Trad you are, this kind of crap can drive you nuts (and I mean that literally)!  

Wishing you peace, health and happiness, Salus!
(09-26-2011, 07:09 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote:
(09-26-2011, 03:03 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: how about riggin up some car batteries and niple clips for electric shock therapy on the cheap?
that may work
why not?

Believe it or not, I just saw Braveheart for the first time last night. When I saw the Irish guy who came to help, I said to myself, that's DK. That's a compliment, lad.

Yeah he does remind you of DK doesn't he.  Salus if humor helps then here's a couple of threads with a bunch of jokes.
http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...898.0.html
http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...146.0.html

(09-26-2011, 07:12 PM)piusx1914 Wrote: Another thing, in addition to a poor diet and lack of exercise (I’m not playing down these things because I think they are HUGE) in regard to mental health, which I believe contributed to my problem, was that I wasn’t at peace spiritually.  I left the NO in 1996 and have done a lot of internal suffering because I saw myself living as a Trad in a Church that, from my perspective, hates me....

Great points. You've reminded me about some more pure gold that I forgot to mention:

http://www.amazon.com/Light-Peace-R-P-Quadrupani/dp/0895551330/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317084290&sr=8-1

salus, please get this book immediately. Don't let the cover fool you. 

And this:

http://www.amazon.com/Searching-Maintain...0818909064

I know that this overwhelming amount of info I've pointed you to may momentarily  increase your anxiety, but if you just get these two books alone, especially the first, I think things will radically improve. And don't forget audicosancto.org on peace.

Thank you all for the good advice!!!!!
if your gonna do dks nipple clamp battery method
sip
post a vid
Devoted Knuckles we are trying to cure depression not enter the Indy 500 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
(09-26-2011, 09:49 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: if your gonna do dks nipple clamp battery method
sip
post a vid

Or he can try to hot wire a car with his metal fillings in his teeth!!
dunno if that will work lad
sip